• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rivian pauses plan to build $5B Georgia factory

I am also skeptical. Consider they’re developing the entire vehicle from soup to nuts, including software. My skepticism of Rivian goes way beyond anything I have seen mentioned on here.
New plant has a capacity of 400,000, so they will have to find a LOT more retail and commercial customers to sell that many vehicles, Perhaps they have export plans....?

I don't really want American companies to fail, but it's the fact that EVs are being pushed/forced on consumers that bugs me. Let them succeed or fail on their own merits in the market place, without interference from the feds.

Soup to nuts? Are you hungry...? lol

Reactions: GFB
New plant has a capacity of 400,000, so they will have to find a LOT more retail and commercial customers to sell that many vehicles, Perhaps they have export plans....?

I don't really want American companies to fail, but it's the fact that EVs are being pushed/forced on consumers is what bugs me. Let them succeed or fail on their own merits in the market place without interference from the feds.

Soup to nuts? Are you hungry...? lol
I’m the opposite of hungry. Just an expression. I went to a cooking class today and I brought home enough food for 2 days.

Rivian announced new models. We shall see if it affects things.

My main concern is this startup culture and all the people who draw big salaries and don’t do a thing worthwhile. A company needs good earnings to pay for all that overhead baggage.

I don't know which idiot thought they should try to jump into the premium electric vehicle segment which is already quite saturated, most people buying 80k trucks either need the truck for something it does (towing, carrying heavy loads, offroading etc), or are just people trying to live the big truck "lifestyle" who roll coal and take up two spots in their pristine truck when they take it to the grocery store. Neither of those groups are interested in a 80k electric truck as they aren't functional or "cool".

They should be selling maverick-ranger style electric trucks that aren't intended for heavy use, long trips or to be blinged out at maverick-ranger prices. I feel like a lot more people would consider buying a 23-33k electric truck to use for light jobs around urban and suburban areas and if you can't make em for that counting the federal subsidy bull**** then you shouldnt be making anything.

I think there’s a misunderstanding there. They sold every vehicle they made. If they produced more vehicles, they would have higher sales. They need more sales to eventually get in the black on their earnings.
Don’t you have to order them ahead of time?

Back
Top Bottom