• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Retail Internet Sales Tax for Georgia Residents Starts 1/1/2019

The mental gymnastics and fictional stories to try and explain how more taxes are good for small business is entertaining. I'll give it that.
do you not agree that every point i have made is a valid one. it levels the field or helps keep sales tax lower. at some point the only way the states could continue is by raising sales tax at a state and local level.
the state wants money for everything we do. if we find a way to keep that money from the,they will find a way to get more from us in other ways..
you would you be more upset with a 5 cent sales tax hike over the charging of online tax.. cause uncle sam gonna get paid..

No because I'm not willing to abandoned and bastardize basic economic principals. It's been fun but I'm happy to just agree to disagree.
cool
do some research, see what happens over the next year, and who know, maybe say "i told you so".
nut do look at the use tax option. it allows us to buy from non wholesalers and pay sales tax, but essentially get reimbursed for that tax...

I will add one more thing. All that money I was saving by buying my body wash online I was going to put towards buying a street bike and paying someone to trick it out. But now because I'm paying more for goods online that's less money I have to spend on custom bikes and guns. #economics

then you adjust accordingly. but if its cheaper to pay the tax do so,then itemize it and write it off. look at the form, that would qualify for use tax exemption.. then you just turn in that amount less than your collected tax.. it does not hurt your business, and takes about a minute longer on the e-form every month if you do your own, or another piece of paper to your CPA..

I'm not going to be convinced that I should have to pay Ga. Sales tax on something I bought from a business in Kentucky. It's B.S. period... Why should I have to get screwed, and I'm not buying the whole support your local business crap either, they could care less about us... Profit is the bottom line.... Its what your most interested in. And thats cool, everybody needs to make a living, but don't try to sell me on how love for the customer and supporting the sport/hobby is #1 priority.

I'm not going to be convinced that I should have to pay Ga. Sales tax on something I bought from a business in Kentucky. It's B.S. period... Why should I have to get screwed, and I'm not buying the whole support your local business crap either, they could care less about us... Profit is the bottom line.... Its what your most interested in. And thats cool, everybody needs to make a living, but don't try to sell me on how love for the customer and supporting the sport/hobby is #1 priority.
this is the deal...they do not collect in their state and not in ours. i do not like taxes at all.
just go back and read all of my posts on this in the thread. you may laugh a little,but even more so, you may see why i support it..
if you dont pay on purchases, you will wind up paying elsewhere. split it up between purchases,and buy local..
and yes, the bottom line is the bottom line.. i did not go into business to go broke or break even, and i hope you dont have a job so you can be broke..
if you cant make money,you may as well get a shopping cart...lots of nice bridges in Atlanta,and some good food in the dumpsters..
i dont get the thought that its somehow bad too want to make money,and how its bad to disagree with an unfair advantage given to your competition..
would you feel good if for every dollar you made,your co-worker made a dollar 10 cents. nothing you could do about it,you do the exact same job, same efficiency,same everything. he just made more because the lived just across the Alabama line..

From the AJC article:

"President Donald Trump praised the ruling, as did brick-and-mortar store owners who felt they were at a disadvantage against online retailers who could sell products without the tax. They said that allowed internet retailers to undercut them on pricing products".
That's rich. A sales tax, or lack there of, as little to do with retail unit pricing. Only when the product category has hidden state taxes (like bottled juice, NC & SC) does it really ever come into play.

I will add one more thing. All that money I was saving by buying my body wash online I was going to put towards buying a street bike and paying someone to trick it out. But now because I'm paying more for goods online that's less money I have to spend on custom bikes and guns. #economics
good stuff and kind of sad.. i was gonna use the money i made off the next custom bike to cerakote all of my guns...
oh well, i guess we both lost on this deal after all...unless....you do that use tax thing and dont worry about it...
just dont buy a Harley or a Victory..
this will not affect business purchases for use in the business or for resale to the public.. heck,you can go to walmart,buy bread,pay tax on it,tack it to you shop,sell it for 2 bucks more a loaf,collect sales tax,and write off the tax you paid walmart. that gives you the 4 cents you paid on a 1 dollar loaf of bread back...
do on your coating,gloves,cleaners,and as funny as it may sound..the T.P. you got from palmetto...just not the T.P. for the house,only the shop...

Back
Top Bottom