• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Removing Primers w/out a Press

Yeah I don't know if that piece was around in the box he gave me. My plan is to purchase a brand new press (Dillon 550C)...but in the interim (for case prep only - to deal with the infamous "Glock Bulge" I keep reading about)...I figured I could get this setup cheap and use it to prepare my cases for loading. De-prime and resize/remove the bulge prior to cleaning...

Don't sweat the Glock bulge. I have never used a push thru die for any of the pistol calibers I load for. I haven't loaded for .40 yet and I understand it is worse in that caliber. I just cant imagine competition shooters taking the time to use a push thru die on every round. Get a case gauge and use it, or use the barrel from your gun to spot check them. With dillon dies, I have never had a problem with any kind of buldge and almost all of my brass was fired in a glock.

Don't sweat the Glock bulge. I have never used a push thru die for any of the pistol calibers I load for. I haven't loaded for .40 yet and I understand it is worse in that caliber. I just cant imagine competition shooters taking the time to use a push thru die on every round. Get a case gauge and use it, or use the barrel from your gun to spot check them. With dillon dies, I have never had a problem with any kind of buldge and almost all of my brass was fired in a glock.

I'll be checking the brass I personally pick up from my own gun and check it with a gauge and run thru anything I need to run thru the bulge buster I ordered. I'm just so new to this and want to be sure I am being "safe"

284C488F-FF90-4BC8-9364-B5BD5C938A03.jpeg

quick update...bulge buster came this weekend along with a .40 case gauge. I’ll say I was surprised that probably only 1 out of 10 of the cases I checked with the gauge slide in...I ran them thru the bulge buster and checked them all...like butter. Listened to the Joe Rogan podcast interview with Mike Tyson from a few weeks ago...it was a good one.

Never heard of a Glock Bulge, bulge buster or any or that crap.
Just get a 3 carbide die Set along with the factory crimp die and you should be good to go. I think you are putting too much into it (step wise). As far as the .40 goes.

(Just my opinion - dont believe or trust anything i say. Not responsible for anything ever and i have a note that says so. )

The frankford arsenal hand deprimer works great. Worth the money. If you do small primer you may need to sand down the pin a bit thinner. I have decaped thousands with one then threw them in the franford tumbler to get them nice and clean.

Never heard of a Glock Bulge, bulge buster or any or that crap.
Just get a 3 carbide die Set along with the factory crimp die and you should be good to go. I think you are putting too much into it (step wise). As far as the .40 goes.

(Just my opinion - dont believe or trust anything i say. Not responsible for anything ever and i have a note that says so. )

I’m going with the “better safe than sorry” perspective...and sitting downstairs for an hour in my little area without the wife and kids, listening to some Rogan isn’t the worst thing lol

Back
Top Bottom