• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Removing Primers w/out a Press

For about $18 you could buy both of the shell holders that you will eventually need anyway.
They have holes through the middle the primers will drop through as you punch them out.

tjhaCcLnQg2bXRt9qAdntg.jpg

Father-in-law gave me this...please excuse my beginner questions but I assume all I need to use this both as a de-primer and also to help me with "Glock Bulge" on my .40 cartridges I would need to purchase the following. 1) .40 shell holder 2) Lee Precision Decapping die 3) Lee Precision Sizing Die 4) Lee Bulge Buster Kit 5) .40 case gauge...am I missing anything?

View attachment 2888982
Father-in-law gave me this...please excuse my beginner questions but I assume all I need to use this both as a de-primer and also to help me with "Glock Bulge" on my .40 cartridges I would need to purchase the following. 1) .40 shell holder 2) Lee Precision Decapping die 3) Lee Precision Sizing Die 4) Lee Bulge Buster Kit 5) .40 case gauge...am I missing anything?

It should have a cross shaped tool that primes the brass when ready.

It should have a cross shaped tool that primes the brass when ready.

Yeah I don't know if that piece was around in the box he gave me. My plan is to purchase a brand new press (Dillon 550C)...but in the interim (for case prep only - to deal with the infamous "Glock Bulge" I keep reading about)...I figured I could get this setup cheap and use it to prepare my cases for loading. De-prime and resize/remove the bulge prior to cleaning...

Fill every cartridge with water? What would be the reasoning for that?
Hydraulics. The pressure of the dow rod pushing against the water can knock a primer out of the pocket. Thats how folks do it to deprime the russian type primers, which the name of them has completly escaped my one active brain cell at this time.

Back
Top Bottom