recommend me a slug gun

I had a Mossberg 500 with ghost ring sights. Pistol grip and that thing would hit the 10 ring every single time. The first slug I put down the pipe was dead on bullseye. Ghost ring sights make all the difference. Believe me it's just the way it is.

OP.....where are you hunting in IL?? West central near Quincy, Rushville Winchester, basically between the Mississippi and Illinois rivers is good area, but they are all over up there. Stay south of Interstate 80 though.

Ok I found the Mossburg 500 Slugster on Mossburggunstore.com for 329 with free shipping, Now I need a low cost FFL near Buford Ga to ship it to, ..Any suggestions ?

For the lefty you might be more comfortable with a left hand savage 220(pretty sure they make one) the Ithaca model 87 deerslayer2 or ds3 (3 is heavier though both with fixed barrels and bottom eject) or the single shot h&r slug gun. Not sure how they would fit your price range, I think the ds3 would be higher but the ds2 should be around in a 20 used. Check gunbroker or one of the other sites and look at the prices.
thanks but those are a little more than I want to spend, I have a older Ithica 12-gauge mod 51 featherlight but it has a full choked 30" barrel. I may Use it and look into getting a deerslayer barrel for it

Back
Top Bottom