recommend me a slug gun

bilgerat

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
Ill be hunting my first Illinois shotgun season this fall and would like a good rifled barrel shot gun that wont break the bank, will want one I can mount a scoped on , Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Ill be hunting my first Illinois shotgun season this fall and would like a good rifled barrel shot gun that wont break the bank, will want one I can mount a scoped on , Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I've killed a bunch with my mossberg 535. The 500 is a good slug gun. I use the hornady sst's with it. Very accurate and hits like a hammer.

Well my first choice would probably be a Remington 1100, but probably not cheap. Next would be a Mossberg 500 or maybe one of their semi autos, not a bad choice and won't break the bank. The Remington 870 is also a good shotgun. Any of these will fit a rifled barrel may have to drill and tap receiver

A couple weeks ago I was looking at a replacement barrel for either a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500 that was a fully rifled slug barrel intended for use with the plastic sabot slugs.

I found that everybody was out of stock!

And I checked a dozen distributors that normally carry these things.

Back
Top Bottom