• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RC Planes and Helis

I know that Hodges Hobbies has a REALLY nice flying field in Americus Ga. It makes most golf courses look like an overgrown field. One of the smoothest sod runways I've ever seen. If nothing else go there just to see macs huge B-29 with a 20 foot wingspan and four 100cc engines.

inside Macs hangar while finishing up his third giant scale B-29
i223.photobucket.com_albums_dd37_JR522_IMGA0446.jpg

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa207_tailwheel234_Vette_20City_20Big_20Birds_202006_6732.jpg

I know that Hodges Hobbies has a REALLY nice flying field in Americus Ga. It makes most golf courses look like an overgrown field. One of the smoothest sod runways I've ever seen. If nothing else go there just to see macs huge B-29 with a 20 foot wingspan and four 100cc engines.

inside Macs hangar while finishing up his third giant scale B-29
i223.photobucket.com_albums_dd37_JR522_IMGA0446.jpg

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa207_tailwheel234_Vette_20City_20Big_20Birds_202006_6732.jpg

Now that thing is awesome. Maybe I should get into those things. They look kinda expensive though lol

I have a turbine helicopter I would like to sell,I don't fly it anymore Its a vario benzine with a hobby lobby wren mw 54 turbine conversion,its gas start propane/butane. I have only run Jet A with aeroshell Turbine oil thru it.My Wife doesen't like the smell of Jet A in the house ,and when I hover it in the front yard it burns her grass.it looks like someone sprayed round up all over the yard in circles turbine heli 006.jpgturbine heli 009.jpgturbine heli 007.jpgturbine heli 001.jpg

in the top picture in the background those are full size railroad ties,6 ft rotor span,it has electric start from the transmitter. 5000.00 ready to fly even have 5 gal Jet-A for it.just charge the batterys.just remember this one ain't no toy. if you dumb thumb it it can get costly fast.the engine is over 2000.00 without the gearbox.also it weighs about 29 lbs with no fuel,it holds about 1/2 gallon of fuel but not quite it has 3 fuel tanks 2 on the side and a reserve tank in the front middle.it has a backup battery system 1 set for the servos 1 set for the recv. and one set for the onboard computer ecm for the engine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom