• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raging Bull or Redhawk??

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to get my first "hand cannon" to deer hunt with and was wondering what you professionals recommend. I want to be able to mount a scope on it and I want one in a 8-9" barrel. Any advice would be awesome. Leaning towards a .454 casull

Super Redhawk if you can find one. Raging Bull would be easier to find, and save you some dough though. Even better would be a S&W 460XVR.

I have only shot a Redhawk. Was a beast, but fun! Ammo price, I'm guessing would be close, maybe a little more for .454.

Super Redhawk if you can find one. Raging Bull would be easier to find, and save you some dough though. Even better would be a S&W 460XVR.

This, The 460XVR is a beast. Raging bull if you are just thinking about it, Ruger if you know you will enjoy it, and Smith if you want the best. Deer season is a ways away so you should have plenty of time to find exactly what you want.

Ruger all the way!

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus... I know plenty of people will probably tell me I'm wrong, but I've seen three Taurus wheel guns up close (friend's guns) and all three had the same problem. The firing pin would sometimes stick out of the frame just enough to catch the rim of the next case and not let the cylinder rotate. Two of those were .357 Trackers that were bought new... then returned to the factory. The factory sent letters saying the "hammer was adjusted" on one and the barrel was adjusted- both had the same problem after the visit back home to the factory.

Back
Top Bottom