• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question on ettiquette of buying/selling here

I'm not angry enough to do a formal complaint or anything, I'm more just starting the post so hopefully people will see that is not how you should handle your business. Just wanting to turn my misfortune into a learning opportunity

Don't forget that the feedback you leave also helps out the next guy that wants to buy something from him.

Once I make a deal i honor it even if someone offers more, but I'm old school.

My word is my bond.
This^^^^^ALWAYS!

While I agree you got the short end of the stick, apparently this is the new way to do business here. There was a spirited discussion about this not too long ago. I think since your PM was accepted, you can complain to the mods and they may do something about it, but you probably still won't get the gun. All you can do is hit the ignore button on him unfortunately.
This is total BULL****! That isn’t how it works here noob...

If you had a committed price, time and place to meet and the seller did not follow through, you can leave a negative feedback.
This^^^^Neg his ass in feedback!

The feedback system here is useless. Its almost impossible to get a neg to stick and the requirements for it to stick are ridiculous. This is a prime example, if you have a day and price in PM's and him saying he sold to some else and you were outbid THAT deserves a neg. BUT if we allow such as that it will drive down clicks and traffic on the site....and we all know what that means. This place is a fraction of what it once was because its been invaded by classless characters.

Unfortunately the deal is only as good as the trustworthiness of the people involved. Even on ODT we are seeing a lot of influx of the less than honorable types. You see it in the deals gone bad and in the snarky smart ass responses of some of the members. Not to mention the know it all bs artists.

Say it isn’t so “know it all bs artists”? On ODT... whaaaat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a particular Gun posted I've been looking for a while(Monday)

Messaged the guy selling it, told him I would take it, cash in hand, ready to meet

He said the first time he was available would be this afternoon(Wednesday), that worked with my schedule so we agreed to meet up then.

Messaged him last night(Tuesday), he didn't respond

He messaged me this morning(Wednesday), saying "he meant to get back to me quicker, but another guy who was closer outbid me"

Has this been happening often? I've done a fair amount of buying/selling/trading here over the past few years and this is the first time I've seen this happen.

PM me the "member" so I can banish him.
TIA

Back
Top Bottom