Protests currently in Kiev (can be graphic)

Those are just traffic copters. Obama and Kerry have assured the world it is all under control. You don't think Putin would defy Obama do you? Seriously?

Ukraine's interior minister says Russian military have seized airport in Sevastopol.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26379722

The BBC has seen eight trucks with the black plates of the Russian army moving towards Simferopol

Unconfirmed reports say eight Russian military helicopters have arrived in Sevastopol

Ukraine's central bank has put a 15,000 hryvnia (1,000 euro; £820) limit on daily cash withdrawals

Armed Forces chief Yuriy Ilyin, appointed earlier this month by Mr Yanukovych, is sacked

Ukraine's parliament calls on the UN Security Council to discuss the unfolding crisis in Crimea

It's funny, I took a international politics class back in my last year of undergrad in 2012. I told the teacher that Russia was rekindling the cold war and he said, "who cares, they're so impoverished and small now that it doesn't matter". No matter what he thought the idea of Russia causing us problems on an international scale was just impossible.

It's funny, I took a international politics class back in my last year of undergrad in 2012. I told the teacher that Russia was rekindling the cold war and he said, "who cares, they're so impoverished and small now that it doesn't matter". No matter what he thought the idea of Russia causing us problems on an international scale was just impossible.
Professors... often good on theory... terrible on reality.

From http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/cp/ukraine
[h=3]Civilian Possession[/h]Estimates of the number of guns in private hands range from 2.2 to 6.3 million. These suggest a median rate of 6.6 firearms per 100 people, although the higher figure would yield a rate of 13 per 100. In 2005, Ukraine ranked 84th in the world for the number of civilian firearms per capita.[SUP]5[/SUP][SUP]2[/SUP]
In response to a United Nations study, Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs reported a national total of 722,739 registered civilian firearms in 1997.[SUP]6[/SUP] This leaves uncounted a national stockpile of 1.5 million to 5.5 million undocumented, illicit small arms.
Government Guns
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]As recently as 2006, Ukraine had the world’s sixth largest military firearm inventory.[/FONT][SUP]1[/SUP][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][SUP]8[/SUP][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] A force of 1,187,600 military personnel (including one million reservists) controlled an estimated seven million military small arms, for a ratio of 5.9 weapons per person.[/FONT][SUP]1[/SUP][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT][SUP][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]9[/FONT]

So the "people" have maybe 13 firearms per 100. While the "authorities" have 6 firearms per PERSON!!!"

I do suggest everyone who hasn't yet looked at the other forum post on the Ukraine's intent to establish their own 2nd "Ammendment" do so.

From scanning the internet (which I know is fraught with peril) the average Ukrainian must have a permit just to own a weapon and Must "Have a Good Reason" to own one. Handguns are harder to own legally.

[/SUP]

Back
Top Bottom