• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Protective Measures F.O.F. Classes w/ reviews

protective measures

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   1
Reaction score
We will be conducting an Advanced Force-On-Force class on either the evening of 10/23 (Fri.) starting around 6:00 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. or the afternoon of 10/25 (Sun.) starting around 3:00 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. The date will depend on which one has the most commitments from attendees. In the event that there is enough interest it will be held on both dates.
With notice this short I'm only expecting one to fill up & there is even a possibility of it being moved to a later date to allow more people to fit it in their schedules. The duration will be approx. 4-5 hours.
We will be offering this class regularly this year as part of our normal training calendar.

This class will be limited to 12 slots, 4 of which have already been taken leaving 8 slots available.

The scenarios will include (but not limited to):

Confrontations in a parking lot

Confrontations in a restaurant

Confrontations at a convenience store

Confrontations in an office

Break-ins/ Home Invasions

Some of these will be "shoot" scenarios.... some will be "no-shoot" scenarios.
And some will be "fluid" & decided by the "shooter" who will be asked to explain his/ her actions afterwards as to what influenced their decision to take the action that was taken and was it justifiable or not.
At the end of the class the entire class & the Instructors will vote on who (in their opinion) showed both the best discretion in their decision-making as well as who conducted themselves in the most appropriate manner from a (Dare I say the word?) "tactical" standpoint.
Whomever is voted the winner will have THEIR ENTIRE TUITION REFUNDED!

This will be a disciplined yet "flexible" class where the intent will not be to put the "shooter" into "no-win" situations but to try to create as much physical & mental stress as possible in realistic scenarios to help the shooter become more proficient at using their MINDSET & firearm to successfully & legally defend their life against a potentially lethal threat or threats.

The cost for this class will be $125 for ODT members & $110 for any repeat students who have attended any prior P.M. class. This fee will include the use of the facility, our guns, holsters, masks, & related gear. If you have your own gear that you would like to bring by all means please do so. Students who bring their own gear will receive a $20 discount. A 50% deposit via Paypal, check, or money order will be required to hold your spot w/ the balance due at the beginning of class. If you are unable to attend, please give me at least a 24 hr. notice & your fee may be applied toward a future class.

**Note** Obviously for safety reasons there will be a "No Firearms/Knives" policy during these exercises. Those (hopefully all those in attendance) who are always armed will be temporarily required to either store their weapon(s) in their vehicle or in my office.
For any questions or if you want to lock in your spot but need more info. please PM me( or "start a conversation") or call/ text me at 706-980-0668.

Last edited:
Ok. We've got 10 committed but due to scheduling conflicts the class has been broken into two. About half are coming out this Sun. (1/25) at 4:00 p.m. at 1525 Waring Rd. Dalton, Ga. The rest are coming out next weekend on a date to be determined by no later than the first of this coming week.
So, we still have room for some more "shooters".

Almost, if not every one, of the guys coming out are members on here & are some of the best "practitioners" that have come through my school.
Most have attended multiple P.M. classes repeatedly even after taking classes elsewhere. We must be doing something right:)
They are great guys & serious students who love to train & are a pleasure to do so with.

This is THE CLASS if you want to test yourself to see how you will perform under stress. Your mindset, gunhandling skills, marksmanship, & decision-making abilities will be tested.

Come join us if you can.

For those who can't but would like to, I'm looking for a location in/ around Atl. (either ITP or OTP) to do one at.
PM me if you'd like to discuss the possibility of scheduling one of these or my other classes at a location near you.

Let's put one together in your area. All I need is a 4 person minimum. It is quickly becoming our "benchmark" class.
While I love shooting & teaching others to shoot, there is nothing like the stress of these classes to really challenge ones'self.

I LOVE it when an intense drill is over & the "subject" of the exercise is wide-eyed :shocked: & almost hyper-ventilating from the mental stress as much or more so than from the physical stress.
Because it makes me think, maybe....maybe in addition to recognizing the precursors to an attack (& possibly avoiding it) maybe what they learn will save their or someone elses' life one day.

I strongly believe is impossible to convey the absolute brutality/ viciousness, surprise & speed of a typical close quarters & potentially lethal attack without these exercises.

So you don't get shot in the face...

Absolutely.
Here is one shot I took on the arm out of about 25 hits total I took as the "bad guy" in one of our last classes.

Attachments

• IMAG1483.jpg
    IMAG1483.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 18
This class has been set for Sun. It looks like this one is full. I will post if there are any cancellations.

We will be offering it again next weekend The exact time & date will be posted as more confirmations come in.
PM me if you want to attend & include which day, Fri. or Satur. is your preference.

Back
Top Bottom