• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Primers in stock

48 hours after creating this thread and there are still more than 45,000 primers available at BPS. A year ago, 60k would've been gone within 3 or 4 hours. Can we surmise the the covid primer crisis is officially over?

Not until the prices come back down.
I'm hoping what I'm seeing here locally is the beginning of prices coming down. If retailers begin to have them sitting on their shelves for longer periods of time, logically, they will reduce their price and hold off on additional orders. As this scenario snowballs, supply significantly outpaces demand and prices "normalize".

Surprisingly, in Oct. I had the good fortune of stumbling across some Rem. small rifle bench rest primers at a retailer in the Atlanta area for $54.99 per brick. At that price I grabbed a couple thousand. But at BPS's $90-$100 per brick, I walked away. And based on what I saw today, most other folks are walking away as well.

CCI SRP work fine in my 1911, 2011 and factory striker glock.
In 9mm 124gr at 1080 fps, I cannot detect any velocity difference between SPP and SRP.

The only difference in primers is that I know a glock with springs that produce a lighter than factory trigger pull will occasionally fail to fire With SRPs.

Back
Top Bottom