• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Prepping

I have the water and food, but what medical supplies in particular? I have the basics covered. Maybe I just need to buy a serious kit.

Have you taken a first aid or first responder class? I would highly recommend the Tactical First Aid class with 4G Tactical! Awesome realistic training. I built my medic/trauma kit(s) after I took this class.....and for very cheap too...you don't need expensive junk. A lot of times, tampons and duct tape work the best, especially for GSW.

http://www.4gtactical.com/#!classes/cdk6

Got to the dollar store and buy $1 bottles of hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol. Bandages, antibiotic ointment. Tampons will be worth gold to women. Dollar store stuff.

Tampons and Maxi pads are gold in any trauma kit....name a cheaper and better product to soak up blood....seriously! I know a bunch of paramedics that keep these on hand all the time.

Have you taken a first aid or first responder class? I would highly recommend the Tactical First Aid class with 4G Tactical! Awesome realistic training. I built my medic/trauma kit(s) after I took this class.....and for very cheap too...you don't need expensive junk. A lot of times, tampons and duct tape work the best, especially for GSW.

http://www.4gtactical.com/#!classes/cdk6
Tampons for gunshot wounds again? A dirty tube sock would be just as effective.
Feminine hygiene products aren't designed to stop serious blood loss and don't promote clotting.

Tampons and Maxi pads are gold in any trauma kit....name a cheaper and better product to soak up blood....seriously! I know a bunch of paramedics that keep these on hand all the time.

my wife is an ICU nurse who spent a lot of time in ER, she thinks tampons are about the best you can get for stopping blood

duct tape and plastic
Got to the dollar store and buy $1 bottles of hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol. Bandages, antibiotic ointment. Tampons will be worth gold to women. Dollar store stuff.

Also, hydrogen peroxide is nooooo beuno for serious wounds.....only use this on service scratches....be careful with that stuff!

Tampons for gunshot wounds again? A dirty tube sock would be just as effective.
Feminine hygiene products aren't designed to stop serious blood loss and don't promote clotting.

For serious blood loss I would hope you would use a tourniquet! Other than that why would you not use a sterile product that's cheap, super easy to find, and designed to soak up blood? Tampons fit great into bullet holes too! I know from experience; even if you have to use 2. Grab you a maxi pad/tampon, dump some quick clot on that wound, and duct tape the hell out of it!

Back
Top Bottom