• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Political Aspects of 9/11 - Were there any?

You don't believe that one centralized force is telling MSM what to tell you?

Yes. They're called corporations and they provide scripted telecasts to their network of local tv stations. But getting ALL of the individual media corporations on ALL sides of the political spectrum to synch up is not realistic.

Yes. They're called corporations and they provide scripted telecasts to their network of local tv stations. But getting ALL of the individual media corporations on ALL sides of the political spectrum to synch up is not realistic.
Overnight? Sure that would be impossible and there were lots of interviews and opinion pieces that didn't fit the narrative the days and weeks following 9/11. But over time everyone got in line.

Overnight? Sure that would be impossible and there were lots of interviews and opinion pieces that didn't fit the narrative the days and weeks following 9/11. But over time everyone got in line.

Could be. But it could also be that independent journalism has become extinct due to the rise of media conglomerates. I'm not sure exactly when it happened but it seems to me that with the ushering in of the information age, journalism became purely infotainment and deception tied to corporate profits, so the journalistic formula was watered down to report the news in the most streamlined, cost-effective manner possible. I'd wager that the news today is merely a remnant of what the idea of a free and uncorrupted press was intended to be.

There is only one side to the mass media, and they synch it just like this:

The News stop being news when 24-hour coverage came around and the first Gulf War when CNN was covering the invasion. They realized they had a marketable asset. Then it all became about sponsors and big money. When 9-11 occurred we were glued to the TV like crack addicts. The News was on non-stop and we were fixated. The movie "Network" from the 70s predicted this. 9-11 did for a brief moment made Americans come together. A common enemy will do this, at least for a short period until the talking heads start separating us again through rhetoric. 9-11 was our generations December 7th. 40 years after December 7th the generation that lived through it wouldn't buy a Japanese car. Now sushi and hibachi restaurants are in every major shopping venue. I guess I will always harbour bad feelings towards Muslims after 9-11. The empty feeling and the eerie quiet of no planes flying over my fire station near the airport the days after 9-11 will always be remembered.

I would consider the suspension of all civil liberties to be the utmost of political issues possible.

Watch this video. Don't scan it or cherry pick it. Try to dedicate this (relatively) small slice of time to to 9/11 and the victims on that day - through to today - and beyond - as your personal tribute to what happened. For many it will be in addition to what you have already given. Or fought beside others who gave everything. But be willing to view it at least, and make your own opinion after watching and hearing.

It was said the only way to stop this from happening again is to understand exactly what did happen.

6:45 Begins the meat of the subject in this must watch video, but watch it all. It is long. It isn't touchy-feely liberalism on a stick, nor is it blind patriotism unwilling to ask the hard questions. And it will likely never be broadcast on any mass-media outlet either. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been scrubbed yet.

The Patriot Act
The Military Commissions Act
And most recently, we have the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012, through which ANY of us, in America, can be arrested, held indefinitely, not told what we're charged with, not have a right to a lawyer, no right to a trial.

Is this what our forefathers fought for over 200 years ago? If your anser is "no" then please make time to watch this. Otherwise, there's lime jello in the break room...

3CC68F43-8896-496C-9967-F588AC6AF7C4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom