• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Planted some stuff today - spring garden - anyone else planting yet?

Got to add more sand to the soil as well. Too much red clay! lol

No kidding! I do a little backyard/backporch garden at my house, but I get a little more serious out on my dad's land in the north part of the county. We got a soil sample done a few weeks ago, which is just depressing to see how many truckloads of lime and compost need to be dumped in the meadow. Slowly, but surely my friend! Haven't planted anything yet this year, but about to start seeds.

No kidding! I do a little backyard/backporch garden at my house, but I get a little more serious out on my dad's land in the north part of the county. We got a soil sample done a few weeks ago, which is just depressing to see how many truckloads of lime and compost need to be dumped in the meadow. Slowly, but surely my friend! Haven't planted anything yet this year, but about to start seeds.

Yeah, my pasture is the same way. Fortunatly we do container gardening so we can control the soil a bit better. So far it's a real good mixture of sandy/loamy/clay in the beds. Last years tomatoes loved them. Carrots too. Onions, well they just like the damn clay! lol

Back
Top Bottom