Pistols Cal .40 - Why They Are So Hated?

I've just got my first .270 and I'll try it out soon... Mine is a Ruger M77 Mark II Ultra Light .270 Win
And watching this video below, these guys kinda convinced me that .270 is really a great caliber rifle. Super great velocity and great ballistic. Watch this review., you will love it!

"The .270 can do big things" -Jack O'Connor, Outdoor Life 1943

Personally, my dislike of the .40 is because it snaps like a 45 without the downrange thump, and its not a cheap to shoot as a 9mm. Practice makes consistent.

This, plus more females in law enforcement. I have personally seen a Glock jam twice in my life. Both times a .40 being shot by a female. Just too snappy in too light a gun for some shooters.

Don't hate 'em - never owned one. I don't want to add another caliber just for the sake of having a 40. Rented a glock 40 once and didn't have any issues with it cycling. For me, the 9mm in a small cc pistol is more controllable, easier to shoot longer at the range - so I feel more comfortable with it.

If I was to add a new caliber, might try 38 Super.... :biggrin1:

Don't hate 'em - never owned one. I don't want to add another caliber just for the sake of having a 40. Rented a glock 40 once and didn't have any issues with it cycling. For me, the 9mm in a small cc pistol is more controllable, easier to shoot longer at the range - so I feel more comfortable with it.

If I was to add a new caliber, might try 38 Super.... :biggrin1:
Well, my S&W .40 has some recoil, sure it does. But it is some firm pew pew... I love it!

I am not a .40 cal lover but I do own one.
Lets say someone breaks in my house and I have to defend myself with my 300.00 G22 or do I use my 3500.00 .45 1911.
So what happens to the weapon that the law will take into custody because it was used in a shooting.
I would rather let a Reliable .40, that I paid 300.00 for, go than a 3500.00 1911.
Not my only reason for using one for home defense but it is at the top of the list.
Also my wife shoots a .40 FNP and loves it so I do not rock that boat.

I guess .40 has too much recoil for the generation that was raised on soy and 9mm. Never hear any old guys claiming that .45 or .357 or 44 magnum is too ”snappy”
I bought a Desert Eagle .45 acp the other day; wen't to the range and I felt that this pistol kicks pretty hard. If you don't hold it firm, it will jam because of the strong recoil.

I am not a .40 cal lover but I do own one.
Lets say someone breaks in my house and I have to defend myself with my 300.00 G22 or do I use my 3500.00 .45 1911.
So what happens to the weapon that the law will take into custody because it was used in a shooting.
I would rather let a Reliable .40, that I paid 300.00 for, go than a 3500.00 1911.
Not my only reason for using one for home defense but it is at the top of the list.
Also my wife shoots a .40 FNP and loves it so I do not rock that boat.

Pretty strong point.... because till the USCCA win the fight for me, that gun will be gone for good!! They will take it away for "investigation" purpose.

Back
Top Bottom