• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pistol Powder

Somebody posted earlier that it depends on what you want. Titegroup is my favorite cause it is the second best in every caliber I have ever loaded. Unique is close. Several other powders can beat it in one caliber but just one. Target loads is a good start get some experience and a good routine. Move to hot or specific loads. There is Info on all powders that will tell you what they are designed for which dou well with high pressure (blue dot) which will do well in average pressure (unique) which are magnum etc. I created a database of a few I used I will email it to you if you like or will post it hear if you want.

Universal Clays - best all around powder for what it sounds like you're looking for.

Works in 9mm, .45 ACP and .38 special. Large case volume, very clean and provides excellent accuracy.

I'd be happy to give you some Unique, Bullseye, or Zip... those are the only three pistol powders I have at the moment, but I have several pounds of them. Give it a try and if it works you'll know what to look for.

However I will say that the Unique is dirty as hell like someone already said.

Keep an open mind. Experiment. Keep notes and discern for yourself what powder is best. Why "compromise" on one powder?

Did I mention, keep notes? You'll make yourself a better reloader.

Back
Top Bottom