• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Perfection let me down today (Glock problem)

Glad you didn't shoot your eye out.

Are the tolerances tighter on a Glock and is that why they jam with bulged cases? Didn't you say your other gun ran fine? Are the tolerances less on your other pistol?

Serious question, not bashing Glocks.

If you do watch the video, you'll see that the gun in the video looks exactly like yours does. The gap even looks the same. He cleared his using a screwdriver to force the slide back.

Are the tolerances tighter on a Glock and is that why they jam with bulged cases? Didn't you say your other gun ran fine? Are the tolerances less on your other pistol?

I'm not sure about the tolerances. The other pistol was a SIG P228 in 9mm so it's kind of an apples to oranges thing I guess. I still have the bulged .380 round if anyone wants to give it a "shot" in an LCP or Bodyguard. I take no responsibility for your actions!

Any handgun can and will jam in a bulged case. Tolerances vary from chamber to chamber, so what will feed in one might hang up in another.

The suspect round that OP posted a pic of is definitely bulged to the point I wouldn't try it in any handgun.

This also brings up a point I'll throw out because another poster here mentioned it. This is an issue peculiar to Glock shooters and I see it in my classes regularly: the slide doesn't go fully into battery, so instead of fixing it properly by TAP-RACK, many Glock shooters will reach up with the heel of their support hand and whack the back of the slide. If the problem was failure to go into battery due to limp-writing, that will fix it. If the problem is an out of spec round, like the OP had here, then the shooter just made the problem worse. DO NOT whack the back of the slide, use TAP-RACK and fix the issue PROPERLY.

I've had an out of spec round do this. I did what was mentioned earlier and pressed the sights on a table until the round cleared...this is why you have metal sights on every gun you own. Good news is, if you break your plastic ones glock will put metal ones on for free or you can use this as as an upgrade opportunity

Back
Top Bottom