• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Paracord carry - pics

I like the feel a lot. It really makes the handle feel soooo much better. The only thing I don't like about it is it only looks good on one side. You can see pics of both sides in the link I posted.

It only takes about ten minutes to do a wrap, if that, so I am going to do a few more later and see which ones I like best.

There are lots of videos on youtube, and lots of different wraps in the ESEE forum on bladeforums (the EsKabar is a becker bk11 blade with a ESEE handle from the Izula for anybody that didn't know).

Well, here is a pic of your pattern on the other side, kg4ghn, and I actually like the way it looks too. Thanks for the reference.

nmtracker.files.wordpress.com_2010_12_dsc04877b2.jpg

nmtracker.files.wordpress.com_2010_12_dsc04880b.jpg_c24e119ba43b17fb342c9a2771be184f.jpg

Last edited:
Well, here is a pic of your pattern on the other side, kg4ghn, and I actually like the way it looks too. Thanks for the reference.

nmtracker.files.wordpress.com_2010_12_dsc04877b2.jpg

nmtracker.files.wordpress.com_2010_12_dsc04880b.jpg_c24e119ba43b17fb342c9a2771be184f.jpg

Yeah it doesn't look horrible or anything. I don't know if you can tell from that pic, but that side is recessed into the handle. So the two sides look pretty different which is why I don't really like the look. I love the way it feels though.

We were iced in for the past several days, and despite playing in the snow with the kids and hiking to grocery store, I was going stir crazy until finding this thread. I dug out the para-cord and watched a few youtube videos. The kids have made several bracelets and I tried my hand at wrapping a couple of knife handles. Going to try a rifle sling tomorrow.

I use these knives a lot, the Benchmade is my daily carry knife, and the blades look pretty rough:
i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_009_1.jpg

i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_010_1.jpg

Thanks for providing us with a great project!

Back
Top Bottom