• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Paracord carry - pics

would it be like two of the bands together? It seems like it would be rather thin, but I'm probably misunderstanding the concept.

Wheeler

Sort of like that. It doubles the width of what a wrist band would be. Once I get it wrapped up, I'll send you a couple pics. It may turn out to be too thin for a comfortable rifle sling... I'll have to see.

I took a couple of pics of the initial prototype of mine as well. I'll get them off the camera tomorrow and post. I think you can get a pretty good idea of how it will look finished. Thanks for the feedback.
Wheeler

After stumbling across this blog, I started making "survival bracelets" out of 550 paracord. Ideally, the real survival bracelets would be a single strand, therefore only one color, like the black one below. But the two color ones are a bit cooler looking and would still give you a good 6 - 8 feet minimum all the way up to almost 20 depending on how it's made.

I started working on a similar design for a rifle sling which I figure would give me between 40 - 100 feet of paracord attached to my rifle just in case, for fishing, shelter, a net, etc. Until I finish the sling design though, I rigged the setup below on my 10/22.

i621.photobucket.com_albums_tt294_cb3725_DSC04768.jpg

And here are the survival - I can't call them bracelets - bands.

i621.photobucket.com_albums_tt294_cb3725_DSC04772.jpg

i621.photobucket.com_albums_tt294_cb3725_DSC04776.jpg

pm'd, thanks man.

You guys that had me make bands for you, I finished them this evening. I'll ship 'em tomorrow.

Also wheeler, I finished up the rifle sling. It's actually the same pattern as the one survivalstraps.com sells. It may be a tad narrow at 1.25", but it seems comfortable to me. Around 80 feet of cord. Non-adjustable though, my figuring out an adjustable one probably isn't going to happen....

i621.photobucket.com_albums_tt294_cb3725_DSC04778.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom