• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Painting a Synthetic Stock? Any Suggestions?

I have done several and I prefer rustoleum camo paint. I like it because there is no shine to it. It seems to hold up very well. Whatever paint you choose I have found that Testors dull coat model paint makes a great final clear coat and will knock any of the the shine right off and seal everything up tight. You can find Testors Dull coat at nearly any hobby or craft shop in the model section.
The last couple I have done were done in sponge camo that kinda mimics marpat using sea sponges also from the hobby shop.
Just keep in mind if you decide to go camo that quite often less is more. The first time I did this stock I used 5 colors and it came out a mess. 2 colors khaki and OD came out pretty nice. Trying to do too many blotches will also have a negative effect as there needs to be a decent sized area so the colors contrast.
I started this one by painting the whole thing Khaki. then add green stripes, then blot khaki over the green and green over the khaki with a small piece of a sea sponge. most people dont even realize it didn't come like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom