• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on a possible rule change

.............. ONE ad per item, period. +

Dis!

How bout a rule about misleading advertising? Saw an ad for a gun for 100 bucks but when you opened it it was for 100 bucks PLUS another gun trade. Made the title a lie and the trader look like a used car scammer's paradise.

Dis!

How bout a rule about misleading advertising? Saw an ad for a gun for 100 bucks but when you opened it it was for 100 bucks PLUS another gun trade. Made the title a lie and the trader look like a used car scammer's paradise.

I saw that add too, to me it makes me wanna run from the item if someone has to come up with a misleading headline, looks like craigslist.

And YES to one section per item.

What's the three day rule that needs to be enforced anyway?

So far as I know I have never violated it. Maybe I have.

Seems that the focus of this thread is to have more little rules to keep folks from doing this that or the other. The beauty of ODT has been that we didn't have a lot of rules to abide by or be aware of even. Let's don't mess up a good thing. I personally don't like threads that are headed up with something like "Deal of the day" so that you have to click on them to see what is actually for sale. I don't like them, but that doesn't mean I want them banned.

What's the three day rule that needs to be enforced anyway?

So far as I know I have never violated it. Maybe I have.

Seems that the focus of this thread is to have more little rules to keep folks from doing this that or the other. The beauty of ODT has been that we didn't have a lot of rules to abide by or be aware of even. Let's don't mess up a good thing. I personally don't like threads that are headed up with something like "Deal of the day" so that you have to click on them to see what is actually for sale. I don't like them, but that doesn't mean I want them banned.

We don't have a lot of rules, the 3day is where you have to wait 3days to repost your ad. It keeps people from flooding the site with their ad. It happens alot, some are intentional, some are not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom