• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old Guns/New Prices

everytime I question the price of a gun that's too high it makes me wonder if they know what they sell for, but I get a warning from the modulator. My thinking is if they realized they are selling too high they might come in line with current prices and make a sell. Nobody who knows what they are doing is going to pay more than the item is worth and its a waste of time just to read hundreds of bogus items that are priced beyond retail. Are people who run this site afraid to hurt some one's feelings. In the real world that's called feedback. I recently paid more for a rifle because you can't get them anymore and I was glad to do it, but in the same search Wally world had the rifle brand new for hundreds less and I didn't want it. The market is based of open competition and to change that makes no sense for any of us.

Hate to beat this subject again, but there are rules against posting negative comments in another members ad. No one is afraid of hurting someone's feelings. It is not called feedback in an ad. It is called negative comments. If you want to make your feelings known, fine make your comments. After a few comments in ads, you will be seen wearing a "hat". You may not like the rule, you and many, many others, have complained about the rule, but as of now it stands. My best advice, if the price is too high, don't buy, and pass it by.

Last edited:
I think you meant pass it by and not past it by.

What is your best website for pricing new? Buds is cheap but half the time I go there and it is out of stock or whatever and i dont get to see a price.

I think you meant pass it by and not past it by.

What is your best website for pricing new? Buds is cheap but half the time I go there and it is out of stock or whatever and i dont get to see a price.

I did, and I corrected it thanks.

I have a S & W 686+ that you can buy all day for 6 or 7 hundred on here, but I have had mine magna ported, trigger job, jewel hammer and trigger, plus added crimson laser grips. So I wouldn't consider selling it for less than a thousand.

everytime I question the price of a gun that's too high it makes me wonder if they know what they sell for, but I get a warning from the modulator. My thinking is if they realized they are selling too high they might come in line with current prices and make a sell. Nobody who knows what they are doing is going to pay more than the item is worth and its a waste of time just to read hundreds of bogus items that are priced beyond retail. Are people who run this site afraid to hurt some one's feelings. In the real world that's called feedback. I recently paid more for a rifle because you can't get them anymore and I was glad to do it, but in the same search Wally world had the rifle brand new for hundreds less and I didn't want it. The market is based of open competition and to change that makes no sense for any of us.
Don't post it, PM it.

I have a S & W 686+ that you can buy all day for 6 or 7 hundred on here, but I have had mine magna ported, trigger job, jewel hammer and trigger, plus added crimson laser grips. So I wouldn't consider selling it for less than a thousand.

I understand what you are saying, however, upgrades on guns are often viewed as negative, at least to me. I have no idea who did the work, and whenever I see things like polished barrels, triggers, etc. it turns me away. Similarly, I see upgrades like that the same way I see add-ons when you buy a used car. Sure, you may get slightly more for a used car that has leather over cloth, but nowhere near what was paid when the car was bought. In other words, I'm not adding $200 value to a used AR just because it has a Geissele trigger. You can't assume that what you paid for an upgrade on a gun increases the value by that much.

Understand that I'm not picking on you in particular. Used guns are always worth more to the guy selling them (often for sentimental or sunk-cost reasons) than the one buying them.

Okay guys, I'm all about trying to get every last dime back out of a gun I have bought and no longer need or want but unless it a Colt Python in the box or a Tommy Gun signed by Al Capone I know that is not going to happen. So when I see a gun on here that is 2 to 3 hundred dollars more than what I can buy them new at the store for, I'm going to ask what is special about it that makes it worth more? But by that same token when I see one 2 to 3 hundred below fair market price I also going to ask what wrong with it or how hot is it. lol
Okay just so you'll know, you will pror get infracted if you ask why a gun is listed over NIB retail. I got my first infracr for pointing out that a Phoenix Arms HP22 with no box or papers wasn't worth $200.00 and they could be had NIB for $169.00.

I understand what you are saying, however, upgrades on guns are often viewed as negative, at least to me. I have no idea who did the work, and whenever I see things like polished barrels, triggers, etc. it turns me away. Similarly, I see upgrades like that the same way I see add-ons when you buy a used car. Sure, you may get slightly more for a used car that has leather over cloth, but nowhere near what was paid when the car was bought. In other words, I'm not adding $200 value to a used AR just because it has a Geissele trigger. You can't assume that what you paid for an upgrade on a gun increases the value by that much.

Understand that I'm not picking on you in particular. Used guns are always worth more to the guy selling them (often for sentimental or sunk-cost reasons) than the one buying them.
I agree. When I look at a car that has lots of tacky add one and the seller is telling me how much he has in it I always ask if they have the original parts. Then I have tell them that we don't want the add on ****.

People who complain about pricing are typically the ones who are too scared to negotiate. This isn't walmart. The prices aren't set in stone. Send a PM an negotiate!

Back
Top Bottom