• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old Guns/New Prices

Thomas Eeyore

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
72   1
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm all about trying to get every last dime back out of a gun I have bought and no longer need or want but unless it a Colt Python in the box or a Tommy Gun signed by Al Capone I know that is not going to happen. So when I see a gun on here that is 2 to 3 hundred dollars more than what I can buy them new at the store for, I'm going to ask what is special about it that makes it worth more? But by that same token when I see one 2 to 3 hundred below fair market price I also going to ask what wrong with it or how hot is it. lol

everytime I question the price of a gun that's too high it makes me wonder if they know what they sell for, but I get a warning from the modulator. My thinking is if they realized they are selling too high they might come in line with current prices and make a sell. Nobody who knows what they are doing is going to pay more than the item is worth and its a waste of time just to read hundreds of bogus items that are priced beyond retail. Are people who run this site afraid to hurt some one's feelings. In the real world that's called feedback. I recently paid more for a rifle because you can't get them anymore and I was glad to do it, but in the same search Wally world had the rifle brand new for hundreds less and I didn't want it. The market is based of open competition and to change that makes no sense for any of us.

There are stupid high prices as always but deals people would be falling all over themselves for a year ago. Sig p226 for $400 today, unfired g30sf with mepro sites $450, etc.

Back
Top Bottom