• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

[Official] How has CoronaVirus affected your job?

How has COVID19 affected you or your spouse?

• I lost my job/contract

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • My spouse/partner lost their job

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have been furloughed

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have received a salary/pay cut

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Not much changed for me

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • I am actually doing better now

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • I am working from home for now..

Votes: 32 18.8%

• Total voters
I work from home. Wife works as customer service. Monday (11 days ago) they handed her laptop and monitors and a phone and sent her home. She works normal work day. I work all day every day. There was talk about furloughs and hour cuts but the big boss is waiting to see how much bailout money the stimulus package may provide. I'm good if I get hours/pay cut or get furloughed since I'm breathing down the neck of 70 and ready to stay doing something/nothing else.

My business is practically non existent as of last week Went from 75 orders/week average to 6 last week, 1 this week. All of my accounts are bars/restaurants.

My colleagues who sell to liquor/grocery stores are rolling in the dough.

My wife works for a surgeon’s office. They’ve cancelled all elective procedures and her hours will be cut. But she can volunteer at the COVID-19 test center the hospital set up and get 1.5 time.

My company is the ****ing best - they’ve eliminated all commissions for the next few months and have increased our salary to make up the difference. I’m working from home while my kid’s daycare is closed. Lots of study/planning time.

Downside: i have so much free time and booze I got the gout

My business is practically non existent as of last week Went from 75 orders/week average to 6 last week, 1 this week. All of my accounts are bars/restaurants.

My colleagues who sell to liquor/grocery stores are rolling in the dough.

My wife works for a surgeon’s office. They’ve cancelled all elective procedures and her hours will be cut. But she can volunteer at the COVID-19 test center the hospital set up and get 1.5 time.

My company is the ****ing best - they’ve eliminated all commissions for the next few months and have increased our salary to make up the difference. I’m working from home while my kid’s daycare is closed. Lots of study/planning time.

Downside: i have so much free time and booze I got the gout
Go get a steroid shot and prescription for prednisone. Will clear that gout up in about a day.

I'm voluntarily staying home. I'm high risk due to age an medicine I take. I have some vacation time and some sick days. When that is used up I may return to work unless Trump and Pelosi send me some money.

I’m down to only seeing a few people per day . More ER stuff. I have 11 employees that I went ahead and paid in full (even though they haven’t been working) thru the end of the month. Have to figure out where to go with that soon, but with little cash flow, decision will be difficult. I’m just not producing enough on my own to cover payroll for everyone, even when i took myself off the payroll.
Bad times for sure.

My work hasn’t changed but a bit on my end. Had a trip canceled and they just routed me somewhere else instead. The office workers are staying home but those of us who travel are still on the hook.

Back
Top Bottom