• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

[Official] How has CoronaVirus affected your job?

How has COVID19 affected you or your spouse?

• I lost my job/contract

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • My spouse/partner lost their job

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have been furloughed

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have received a salary/pay cut

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Not much changed for me

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • I am actually doing better now

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • I am working from home for now..

Votes: 32 18.8%

• Total voters
My wife is in the convention business. They lost 30 million dollars worth of business last week. She is walking on eggshells literally. They had to let half the staff go working staff that is. And she's got one of those highfalutin jobs that's the kind that big salary cuts happened those the ones that go so she's she's pretty nervous. My ex-wife that is. That's the position I would not want to be in.

I'm support for Medical so I'm still going to work as normal, but patient loads are drastically cut so my job has gotten somewhat easier.:thumb:
Wife working from home 5 days a week instead of 1, so no $'s lost to us.:thumb:
She used to cook and freeze meals for me to go home & microwave (5 mile round trip).:thumb:
Now she is cooking daily :thumb: I asked her if I could sell our microwave to buy a gun. :)
Her response??? She changed the safe combination on me, AGAIN! :doh:

My son got his salary cut 25% :( (but working from home) to avoid laying off a % of their employees. I've been told (by the cooker and keeper of the safe combo.) we will probably give our stimulus check to them... :wof:

Had been working a contract out of state so got to come home and work remotely. VERY glad to be home. Problem is, contract is set to end in 2 months. 1 month ago, I thought "No big deal. Economy is roaring, I'll find something else." Now?.... :doh: Yeah, not fun....

Had to lay off all 300 of my employees last week. This week, we've brought some of them back and planning to go full bore on Monday... BUT the damn car manufacturers are changing their tune about every half hour. It's a dumpster fire right now trying to figure out what to tell people that need to work. Of course, there are the ones that are mad I called them back for 4 days and screwed them out of their unemployment...! LOL! go figure... you can't win with some folks.

Usually don't share stuff like this but. Daughter furloughed (2 weeks) , Wife will soon be furloughed (but she's signing up for busy work,so maybe not?) , My surgery and physical therapy has been furloughed (Can't wait to get back to work ) . I know this isn't the religious designated area , But I feel like the Lord has wrapped us up in his arms and no matter what happens everything's gonna work out , I'd be doing even better if I could convince my wife on this matter LOL . This thang will pass soon Fellas , Hang in there . UPDATE = Prayers going up for every one of you guys

Business as usual for me. But if this continues to trend the way it is now trending, and you lost your job because of it, please remember doomers like the below...

"This is a remarkable turn from Neil Ferguson, who led the @imperialcollege authors who warned of 500,000 UK deaths"
https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1243133211011690499

From the above nonsense to the below...

UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...or-coronavirus-expert-predicts/#ixzz6Ho25i7RV

Back
Top Bottom