• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

[Official] How has CoronaVirus affected your job?

How has COVID19 affected you or your spouse?

• I lost my job/contract

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • My spouse/partner lost their job

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have been furloughed

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have received a salary/pay cut

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Not much changed for me

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • I am actually doing better now

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • I am working from home for now..

Votes: 32 18.8%

• Total voters
I'm essential and my employer is open. My pay is 100% commission based and with out cars to repair there is no pay and with out being laid off there is no unemployment check. I can survive but many of my coworkers can not. Judging by the number of people that I see carrying on like it's a giant party I don't think the reality of the upcoming financial nightmare has set in.

Your employer should file unemployment for you if you aren’t getting paid. PM me....I might can help.....no I’m not a lawyer.

My wife is in the convention business. They lost 30 million dollars worth of business last week. She is walking on eggshells literally. They had to let half the staff go working staff that is. And she's got one of those highfalutin jobs that's the kind that big salary cuts happened those the ones that go so she's she's pretty nervous. My ex-wife that is. That's the position I would not want to be in.
Dang man, I hate it for her.

I work for a "food manufacturer" and we are busier than a cat burying **** on concrete. We were already short-handed when one guy got let go. We now have two team leaders out due to illness/injury and another guy got selected for National Guard duty. We've got so many new rules and restrictions you can't even sneak out fart without worry for being suspended.

I know I should be thankful to still be employed and working but it has gotten to the point I just want to say screw it and quit. I'm making more money than I have ever made in my life but questioning whether it's worth being miserable all the time.

I work for a "food manufacturer" and we are busier than a cat burying **** on concrete. We were already short-handed when one guy got let go. We now have two team leaders out due to illness/injury and another guy got selected for National Guard duty. We've got so many new rules and restrictions you can't even sneak out fart without worry for being suspended.

I know I should be thankful to still be employed and working but it has gotten to the point I just want to say screw it and quit. I'm making more money than I have ever made in my life but questioning whether it's worth being miserable all the time.

You should take advantage of the additional income while you can. Who knows whats gonna happen in 6 months.

I'm looking forward to going back to the office so I get a reduced number of hours.... then again, what else is there to do while I'm stuck at home

I work from home... my Water Treatment business is open, but the calls for service & testing have all but evaporated. My online M1A rifle accessory business is steady.

Interesting reading through this thread—I'm surprised by the number of "business is booming" comments, was more expecting "not much has changed" and "we're hurting".

My day job is software development for federal government customers. I switched to working from home about six years ago and am in the "not much has changed" category. The lack of traffic has been great for getting to the range after work or cycling around ATL.

I hope that this nonsense subsides quickly and the people who are hurting can pick up where they left off.

The company I work for cut salaries by 10% through 2020 (executives are taking a larger decrease).
While it really does suck, I’d rather the company cut salaries over employees.

I thought it was time for an update as my situation has changed a bit over the last two weeks. My wife lost her job last Thursday due to decreased revenue, they laid off 10,000 employees nationwide. The good news is that she has an interview today and a lead on another job opportunity. I, on the other hand, have been temporarily relocated to Dallas, TX for the next 4-6 weeks with the potential for a longer stay. While my project is shut down, the company has been very accommodating to make sure I can continue working. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks as states start to reopen. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe in these unprecedented times.

Back
Top Bottom