• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ODT vs. Pawn shop

Rivershot

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
I had a S&W 66-1 and 63 up for sale for almost a month. Started it off at what I thought was very fair, $700 each or $1,300 for the pair along with 300 .38 rounds. Sold the ammo to a friend for $60 and dropped the price on both guns to $650 each or $1,200 for the pair.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/639743-Item-Gone!-Reduced-S-amp-W-63-22lr-and-66-1-357

Now it may just be that I'm not in the loop or near it (285) but all ever got for offers were, what's your bottom dollar and can you meet at this or that area which would be about a 100mi round trip in my 14mpg truck.

So yesterday I said well maybe I'm to high on the price still, so I took them to my favorite pawn shop and asked what they would give me. Answer $1,250, Me said sold and thank you.

My ***** here is, I'm just *****ing. If a pawn shop can buy them for more than my bottom dollar for resale and I only had to drive 15mi round trip why did I bother listing them here in the first place.

I think it'll be a coffee with Bailey's morning

which pawn shop? sounds like they dont know what they are doing (not because your price is high but because any brick and mortar store, especially the pawn shops, offer alot less)

which pawn shop? sounds like they dont know what they are doing (not because your price is high but because any brick and mortar store, especially the pawn shops, offer alot less)

Howards in Macon, been doing business with them for about 14 years, buying, selling. They like to sell guns and don't try and pay the light bill with every sale.

I mat get a little better pricing than someone they don't know straight off the street but i doubt it's much different.

Howards in Macon, been doing business with them for about 14 years, buying, selling. They like to sell guns and don't try and pay the light bill with every sale.

I mat get a little better pricing than someone they don't know straight off the street but i doubt it's much different.
well sounds like you got a god spot and they value repeat business

rock on

It is tough not being in Atlanta. When I lived there I had hundreds of potential "customers" for every listing, here I have maybe a dozen or so. I've made deals with Macon folks simply because we both need to expand the territory...

Any business has to make a profit, or they won't be in business long. It is my understanding that gun stores make a higher profit from used guns than new. Maybe some of you FFL holders can verify is that is true or not. Either these guys made a mistake, or you had highly collectible pristine guns to sell. The benefits of the ODT, are no paper trail for the buyer, if that is what he prefers, and access to the ODT community. FWIW, last S&W N-frame I bought new was from a special run, and only cost $750. + tax. Saw a new L-Frame 44mag 5 shooter the other day. I think it was under $800 as well. Bet that thing is a beast to shoot, but it's cool.

Back
Top Bottom