• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Odt shooting matches???

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
How would y'all feel about having an odt shooting match??? Combine marksmanship with tactical usage and do some competing...

Something like..

have two targets side by side placed at 15'. Doubletap bullseye of one, move to next target, doubletap. Scores based on closeness of rounds to bullseye.

Strong hand tripletap... Using your dominant hand, Wed use a double bullseye target. Doubletao the bottom, then one round placed to the top bullseye.
Weak hand tripletap... same as strong hand, only using your weak hand or off hand.

Combat reload drill...
two targets side by side. 2 rounds in each magazine. Starting from a slide lock position, on the buzzer each person will have 10 seconds to reload, fire two shots , one in each target, then reload Ans fire two rounds again, one in each target. Times can be changed if its too easy or difficult for the majority.

Then, the fun part..
"optional"
tactical reload poker...
each player will be dealt 5 cards. Pitch in 5$ for the pot. two magazines with each having an odd number of rounds, no less than 3, no more than 7. so one magazine of 3 and one of 7, or two mags of five. one magazine of 7 then the second having 3...

Each card will be taped to a paper target to avoid causing damage to the hanger. You MUST doubletap each card, if your gun slide locks, your disqualified, So the trick is to reload when your magazine is empty and you're chambered. Your slide may only lock back after you've shot the last round at the last card. Then, well take face value of the card, multiplied by the number of rounds in each card (no more than 2) and that's your score. Highest score takes the pot. In the event of a tie, we will redo it, with the one having the most cards doubletapped in the fastest time winning.

I'm open to more drills or doing a drill more than once, but since this is to also practice our training, we will be using our defense weapons and want to keep the round count to
around 50 while making each round count.

If its OK by okuma Steve, I'd like to have shirts made for us and see if someone would be willing to donate some kind of trophy. Something crazy fun Ans odt like a painted golden Lego that says odt match winner, or an odt chicken egg like froggmans wife does, this is only for fun and bragging rights, but it'd be fun to have silly trophies donated.

I'll do it if it is not too far out in the boonies... and I have a couple of weeks notice to clear it with the wife....oops.....I mean clear my work detail.

i dont like losing... so i will watch

Lol it's not a serious tournament, that's why the trophy would be something silly. Just a chance to get out and practice some of our training, meet other odt folks and have a little fun. Troy I plan on doing it around the woodstock/roswell/marietta area but anywhere could work with a decent notice.

Back
Top Bottom