• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper duke

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
205   0
Reaction score
I've been asked by a few people here (and elsewhere) to offer up some kind of instructional/ how to type on photos. After a couple attempts at a 10min YouTube video, I've realized there's a lot more information to go into it than I can really deliver in a short amount of time. So, I've talked with my buddy Ray (who many of you know as RHelton10) and we've decided to offer photo classes for the ODT and their friends and family. We are both classically trained photographers (meaning we've actually been to school, not just watched a bunch of YouTube videos). This would be an intro style class for those who have a nicer camera and want to be able to get the most out of it. Buying a DSLR and not taking it off Auto is like buying a Porsche and not getting out of 1st gear. In this class, you'll really learn how to open 'er up and let 'er rip!

Topics covered would be:
  • Learning your DSLR
  • Why you should be shooting RAW
  • Taking your camera off auto and putting it in manual
  • What all the numbers on a lens mean, and which lens is right for which applictaion
  • The exposure triangle; ISO, Shutter and Aperture
  • Digital Asset Management (what to do with your pictures after you take them)
  • Basic Rules of Photography
  • Concepts and Composition

We have talked about offering a class on both the west side and the east side. We would also like some input on 1 night a week for 4 weeks or 2 full days over a weekend. Or both. And who might be interested in a class like this. We would like to get an idea on interest before moving forward with securing locations. The benefit to the weekend is the ability to shoot during the day with us around and review the pictures immediately versus shooting during the week.

If this is something you, or your spouse, family member, neighbor, friend, etc would be interested in, PLEASE let us know.

For the folks that don't know, these are two VERY TALENTED guys here. Chances like this don't pop up too often!

Thanks!

My wife would love to do this if there was a class closer to us.... Great offer guys.

Well, we plan on one on each side of the city. The West side and then the BEST SIDE!! :D:D

I seriously thought I would get more interest in this. This would be a hands on class for much less than you can take one at any of the shops around town.

Great response so far but still need a few more votes before we can really move forward with a day/ time. The weekend classes would be better for shooting as a class since it would be during the day but evening classes would be able to get more in-class stuff done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom