• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT NFA tracker thread

Silencerco Octane 45 2.0
Bought 6-25-20
Docusign 6-25-20
Check cashed 7-17-20

Hoping maybe to get it by Christmas ???

Got it from Quiet Riot as I did my other cans. Would not go anyplace else.

It's been almost a decade since I waded into the suppressor pool. Just went through the hoops again this week. This time on the in-store GovBot fingerprint machine. I read a few pages here regarding "approval." At what point in the process does this happen? I paid for my Tax Stamp with a credit card on the GovBot machine, which was instant, and the rest with cash for the hardware. Where does "approval" come from; and when in the process?

There are 3 indications you can get from the ATF.
1. Cashing your check or cc. Which means they have your forms and they didn't get lost.
2. Pending which means your forms are actually in the system, typically very close if not same day as check being cashed.
3. Approved, kinda what it sounds like, they approved the transfer and will be mailing back the stamp. Only thing left is for the stamp to get to your dealer.
Going from pending to approved is the long part.

Thats a long time from approval to stamp in hand!!

Wow. Two months after approval.

I'm done with my current dealer. Tuesday I went by and asked if they had recieved it. He said if we didn't call we don't have it. I asked to see it to verify serial number before I called ATF. Wednesday I called ATF. They said it should have been at dealer for at least 28 days. They said call dealer and have them investigate, if dealer didn't have it they would have to request a certified copy. Called dealer back told them the story they said we don't have it so we will call ATF. 2 hours later dealer called and said they found the original and I could come pick up the can. Picked up can on Thursday. This is the second time I have had a delay due to them. First time they incorrectly filled out paperwork, submitted it and it got kicked back by ATF, they never called to tell me. I stopped by and asked to use it on the range. When they brought it out she said, oh I have been meaning to call you. We filled out the paperwork wrong and need your signature on the new form so we can resubmit it. Three month delay that time. Ughhhhhhh!!!!

Back
Top Bottom