• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT it's time to get serious..training and tactics 101. School the whole dang forum.

Jeff coopers book is an awesome read and I second that. Also A weapon is a system, machine, mother****ing gun whatever you call it its a damn tool. Any ego you have when you go to train or go to learn has to be checked at the door. Don't worry about what you think you know or what people think you know. Just show up and be sponge like.

A gun is a gun......a weapon system would include all the ancillary equipment as well; optic, light, stock, sling, etc. Altogether, they comprise a "system", and it's most definitely a "weapon" or I wouldn't use it, so........

Last edited:
cmshoot cmshoot Typed this off-the-cuff, in a hurry, on my iPhone. Just finished Day 2 of a Long Range course I'm running, as well as putting over 200rds out of a semi-automatic .338 Lapua. Dehydrated, baked to a crisp, filthy and happy!

I thought thats how all us Marines were supposed to be when at the range!

Semper Fi and great advice.

No matter what you have on you it is all about opportunity. A sheepdog with a Glock 42 could have stopped the Chattanooga shooter with the right circumstances. In an alternate universe, that same sheep dog with a full SHTF load out may not have a clear back drop to engage and must hold.
You just never know circumstances.
Carry everything you can, constantly.

Besides concealed, I keep a well oiled m4 with me depending on which vehicle I'm in and my schedule. It is likely with me 85% of the time. It's up to aware people to help protect others and end threats.

Back
Top Bottom