• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Odds of me seeing my 401k

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Im 35. My dad had me start a Roth 401 when I was 16. At 25 I started a 401 at work. So Ive socked away a fair amount compared to most my age. Problem is, Ive been under the impression for the last 8-10 years that Im putting away money that I’ll never see. So what are my chances?

Im 35. My dad had me start a Roth 401 when I was 16. At 25 I started a 401 at work. So Ive socked away a fair amount compared to most my age. Problem is, Ive been under the impression for the last 8-10 years that Im putting away money that I’ll never see. So what are my chances?
100 % you’ll see it. It may be taxed higher (get a ROTH now), but you’ll get it.

EDIT: read your OP again…..good on him. You’ll get it all.

Better than Social Security. The way the laws are written right now to the best of my knowledge your on the right road. When you turn 59 1/2 you're going to be grinning ear to ear. Just be sure to invest in some good positions and not CDs. CDs won't keep up with inflation. You invest right you'll have money rolling out of your ears. I waited till they introduced the ROTHs which was a great idea, but I'm trying to catch up now because I started with CDs. Good luck and keep saving

If you lose the value of your 401k, it's your fault. There are thousands of ways to move your money around and avoid major losses. Take the time to teach yourself something. Most all you'll hear on ODT is that the sky is falling.
I don’t think he’s worried so much about “if he’s investing in the best companies” as much as “will the govt steal it before he gets a chance to draw it out when retired”

Back
Top Bottom