• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mortgage gurus talk to me

Invest the extra in T-bills for 13 weeks.

If housing market tanks you still have your cash.

Re-evaluate in a year.

Paying down your principle is always a great idea.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. I get extremely overwhelmed when it comes to numbers and mathing. Used to be pretty decent at understanding it all, suffered a pretty bad concussion years ago and now pretty much anything involving numbers I might as well be reading ****ing hieroglyphics, so it takes a good bit of research for me to get a pretty basic understanding. Couple that with having parents that aren’t good with finances whatsoever and didn’t know anything to pass to their kids, it’s a struggle 😵‍💫
You're in a better position than most. You're always better to have less debt. Pass that, you definitely have some decisions to make. I wouldn't want to borrow money for investments, but you do have a unique opportunity

I was in a similar situation in 2020, I ended up putting $50k down on a $230k loan, 30 yrs@3.85%. I used the other money to build a small shop and any other expenses that popped up, and they did. I’m glad I did, it dropped my payment…….and then the taxes and insurance entered the picture. To this day, I still pay more than the required payment and extra when/if I get taxes back or a bonus. My plan is to have it paid off in less than 20yrs.

Back
Top Bottom