• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NWSharpshooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why they can't just move a thread to brackish waters if it gets too hot. No reason to time these guys out / ban them for something they said or posted on here. The net is full of a lot worse things. I think the censoring is a bit childish. The first amendment is just as important as the second.

The fact that some folks think they can debate how a site, any site is moderated, completely baffles me. It's not my / your / our site to run. I've received one infraction the entire time I've been here. It was for being "unnecessarily rude" to another member. I didn't think I was rude, but direct. Doesn't matter what I thought. In fact, I've probably deserved more moderation than I've received. It's pretty simple really. Don't be a jerk, or post anything racist, nude pictures, etc. To be honest, I'm pretty shocked at what is deemed acceptable here by the mods. In my opinion, it's pretty loosely moderated compared to other forums I frequent.

I don't see why they can't just move a thread to brackish waters if it gets too hot. No reason to time these guys out / ban them for something they said or posted on here. The net is full of a lot worse things. I think the censoring is a bit childish. The first amendment is just as important as the second.

This is not a publicly owned forum

Debate is the best part about this site. its what bridges the gap between Arfcom and budsgunshop. Wanting everyone to see eye to eye and agree on everything is a utopian impossibility. You've put your input on the best models of AR all the time, others disagree, it happens

Half of the existing threads would be moved there, then everyone would join BW and it would be another free for all, just in a different place. Is the moderation equal to all? That's subjective I guess and anyone that wants to can find a reason to support either side of that argument. At the end of the day nothing we do or say will change the staff's minds and even if it did they would not go back and undo something that has been so widely whined about. It would send the wrong message. At best all any of us can hope for is a future change in the way threads are moderated. I for one am really tired of all of the whining about where's this member or what happened to that member.....good lord folks, it's sunny and 71 degrees outside. Those of us not at work and forced to sit in front of a computer should be outside having fun, not sitting alone in their basement whining about what should have happened. Get over it and move the frack on already.

BTW, when members sign up on these PRIVATE forums they agree to abide but a set of rules. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Constitution as this is a private forum where membership is not compulsory. Anyone can leave at any time.

The fact that some folks think they can debate how a site, any site is moderated, completely baffles me. It's not my / your / our site to run. I've received one infraction the entire time I've been here. It was for being "unnecessarily rude" to another member. I didn't think I was rude, but direct. Doesn't matter what I thought. In fact, I've probably deserved more moderation than I've received. It's pretty simple really. Don't be a jerk, or post anything racist, nude pictures, etc. To be honest, I'm pretty shocked at what is deemed acceptable here by the mods. In my opinion, it's pretty loosely moderated compared to other forums I frequent.

Everyone has an opinion. 95% of this site is perfect but there is just some things that don't make a bit of sense and are pretty ****ed. That is just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom