• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No offense intended just an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color fill guns turn me off so bad. It can make a perfectly nice Glock (fill Model here) or AR look like my GFs 4 year old got a hold of it.
I've seen some really nice color fill jobs I.e. Done well, but I've seen the dueling dongs too and personally feel like it draws so much attention away from the genuine look of the weapon and start heading into that crayola/Gucci/I'm bored and want to draw on my gun look.
Any good reasons to color fill? I can see select fire weapons having a need being that you have several different modes of fire and can flip fast if you're unfamiliar with the mechanics (but why are you running a select fire and are unfamiliar?)

Not looking to start a fight or break hearts, just a friendly discussion!

I've color filled the sights on many of my rifles. It helps me see what I'm doing when making adjustments and dialing in range. Always in white because it contrasts with the base color, thereby making the tool easier to use. That's the same reason I've stippled a Glock grip; it made the tool easier to use and more effective.

At the end of the day that's what I'm after, as I view firearms as tools. Whatever makes the tool more effective. Coloring in the sights so I can see them easier is one of those things. I don't color in logos or serial numbers, as there's no reason. The 'safe' and 'fire' are usually color filled to assist someone that I might loan the rifle, which I have done a few times.

I feel the same way about Stippling. Just imagine when I see one Stippled and Color Filled, :D:rolleyes:;)

20160917_012651.png

Im looking for someone to do a color filled portrait of Jesus on a Hi-Point. Serious inquires only...

I have no big issue here. Stippling has improved some grips feel in my hand. (I have never stippled a gun but have owned some that were) . Other times not. But stipple or colorfill on a gun like a Glock or AR Is no big deal to me either way. I'm way more concerned with how it functions and accuracy.
Sorta like some older revolvers I have owned that had initials...

I've had some smiths from the seventies where people had color filled the smith logo and roll stamp markings on the barrel with a gold color fill. Guess it was popular to do back in the day, but you wanna talk about ugly.
I'd love to run across one of those haven't seen that yet either

I love stippling and one of the reasons I'm hunting a long slide M&P 2.0 stippling is super functional however I will not attempt it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom