• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No offense intended just an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go one further. I hate "billboard" branding on newer handguns. Quality does not need to scream out it's name. All that large writing on the side with make and model reminds me of Coca-cola sweatshirts and Tommy Hilfiger. - yuch.

I agree. I was so happy when Rock Island starting putting the small logo by the safety instead of having their name on the side of the whole slide.

Yep, I got some of that "Hook" color on mine too. I've done a few color filled AR; but less is more here. Punisher skull and Jolly Roger on Spikes in a single color. Hopps#9 and a toothbrush and it is back to black in a few minutes scrubbing.

IMG_5166.JPG

Yeah, colorfill can be overdone.
I did this with a silver metallic sharpie, about right IMHO, and 4 minutes with some nail polish remover, it's gone.

I don't mind it to make markings quickly visible on old military surplus from ww1 and 2. Long as it's removable.
Doesn't really float my boat for newer / modern stuff. But I have seen a few aftermarket examples that were very creative and awesome....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had some smiths from the seventies where people had color filled the smith logo and roll stamp markings on the barrel with a gold color fill. Guess it was popular to do back in the day, but you wanna talk about ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom