• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

No I Can't

And use a compass for directions!!!
How about Map Books? Yesterday I was talking to a friend and remembering those years when we went to all jobs in Atlanta area, driving with the Map Book open, sometimes over the lap. These newer workers, have no fcking idea how to understand those maps....

One more;

I was in the payphone business for 35 years (retired in 2017).
One day my daughter calls and asks if she can drop off my 7 year old grandson for an hour or two.
I said sure, bring him by.

Well on my desk was a 55 pound payphone that I was working on signage for.
"WHAT IS THAT", he said.
"A telephone", says I.
Eyes wide he says, "YOU CARRY THAT PAPA"!
That was a good laugh! :becky:

Not many years back ODTers would message me and ask where the nearest payphone was to them, so they could show their kids.
I'm still amazed how many payphones were lost in so few years, who would have ever thunk it!

When my wife and I owned our B&B, we had an antique wall phone with a hand crank, like the one below. Our daughter would have kids over to play and they’d look at the phone and ask what it was. Our daughter knew, but would mess with them, and say she had no idea. I’d tell the kids it was a telephone and bet them they couldn’t show me how to make a call on it. Not once in 4 years could any of them tell me how to use it. They all said “There’s no numbers on it.” They would get close when I’d say “You don’t need numbers.” They would look at the phone and say “Call 555-1212” like Siri was going to dial for them. Eventually, I would tell them they had to turn the hand crank, wait for the operator to answer, then tell her who they wanted to call.

Good times.

08C4A2FB-08AB-47FD-AEB5-8D49B24D4539.jpeg

and drive a stick shift, read a tape measure, operate heavy equipment. This social media generation is so soft. I have 27 year old male employees that cant even drive a stick shift and are scared to death of a damn fork lift.

Back
Top Bottom