• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Night vision information overload! Help please!

Oh my experience is pretty limited. Ive only done tandem and it was up at Skydive Chattanooga.
Its kind of like getting a tattoo though, Its addictive.
I was looking at this one week program wondering if I could send my kids to summer camp for a week and send me to jump school for a week:
https://atlanta.skydivespaceland.com/learn-to-skydive/a-license-in-a-week/

That would be a blast. I've never heard of them. Let me ask my buddy what he thinks. He's pretty knolledgable and has been jumping constantly since he first started 7-8 years ago. He'll probably tell you to buy your own rig for that kind of money and skydive all you want out at the farm.

Oh I do it, but I would be concerned and want it redone before I jumped with it.

RMR on the pistol is the way to go for NVG's:

IMaDad IMaDad my favorite gun I train with is a Sig 226 9mm; I usually run it openly on my hip (OTW) or via a leg holster. Even know I train with the Sig, I carry a G19 (ITW), which I do shoot a lot. I have a few holsters for both handguns. I'm pretty proficient with both, probably because I only have 2 main handguns; fear the man with one rifle. I have many more, but just for fun; those two are my main.

Would you recommend me getting a new Sig or Glock, cut for an RMR or just getting a new slide? I'm assuming whatever I get will fit my existing holsters, being the part of the slide where the RMR sits, I don't think it'll interfere with my holster; I'm assuming. I've never run RMR sights.

With that said, I can run both suppressed. I don't have a holster that will allow me to carry with the suppressor attached. I usually thread when I need/want to. I think it would be nice to have a RMR suppressed handgun carrying openly while night hiking with the suppressor already attached. Do you have any suggestions?

OP - sorry if I'm derailing your thread, but I think my question falls in line with your OP.

IMaDad IMaDad my favorite gun I train with is a Sig 226 9mm; I usually run it openly on my hip (OTW) or via a leg holster. Even know I train with the Sig, I carry a G19 (ITW), which I do shoot a lot. I have a few holsters for both handguns. I'm pretty proficient with both, probably because I only have 2 main handguns; fear the man with one rifle. I have many more, but just for fun; those two are my main.

Would you recommend me getting a new Sig or Glock, cut for an RMR or just getting a new slide? I'm assuming whatever I get will fit my existing holsters, being the part of the slide where the RMR sits, I don't think it'll interfere with my holster; I'm assuming. I've never run RMR sights.

With that said, I can run both suppressed. I don't have a holster that will allow me to carry with the suppressor attached. I usually thread when I need/want to. I think it would be nice to have a RMR suppressed handgun carrying openly while night hiking with the suppressor already attached. Do you have any suggestions?

OP - sorry if I'm derailing your thread, but I think my question falls in line with your OP.

I would go glock over sig, but thats just my personal opinion. I mean they come with a lifetime warranty and we can basically see the factory from here. Couple that with the fact that they are one of the most popular and trusted in the world, the military is adopting them at a certain rate, SOCOM has been using them for years, and you cant go wrong.

oh and if you ever break/lose/whatever a magazine/holster/sights/etc you can walk into literally any pawn shop/gun store/sporting goods store across america and get what you need.

I run a 19 with RMR cut from battlewerx. They are just one of many that are doing the machining well. Jagerwerx, ATEi, and Agency are all trusted/tested to be good. Avoid the MOS system. Also, Trijicon just released the RMR 2 that has better circuitry. Probably to get rid of the popular "flicker" issue. I run a battlewerx anti flicker plate, and have never had any issues at all.

The rmr will interfere with some holsters, especially if you go irons forward of the optic (which I stongly prefer) but most holster makers now have an "rmr cut" option thats only like $10 more. mine fits all my armordillo concealment holsters fine. check out the armordillo concealment/cnc holsters "keroman"

If you want OWB with a can, the only good ways to go are the Armordillo X-fer and that new surefire one, but the surefire one makes you buy that stupid surefire WML that doesnt even have #allthelumens.

If youre looking for any kind of regular use though, especially through brush, maybe it would make sense to look at the silencerco maxim? https://silencerco.com/maxim/
Not sure where you are "hiking" where you need a suppressed 9mm, lol, but maybe you should just sling a rifle or put a folding ar15 pistol in a bag?

oh also, as far as NVG stuff goes, glock will have TONS of parts and interchange available. IR lasers/illuminators with DG switches, etc.

I would go glock over sig, but thats just my personal opinion. I mean they come with a lifetime warranty and we can basically see the factory from here. Couple that with the fact that they are one of the most popular and trusted in the world, the military is adopting them at a certain rate, SOCOM has been using them for years, and you cant go wrong.

oh and if you ever break/lose/whatever a magazine/holster/sights/etc you can walk into literally any pawn shop/gun store/sporting goods store across america and get what you need.

I run a 19 with RMR cut from battlewerx. They are just one of many that are doing the machining well. Jagerwerx, ATEi, and Agency are all trusted/tested to be good. Avoid the MOS system. Also, Trijicon just released the RMR 2 that has better circuitry. Probably to get rid of the popular "flicker" issue. I run a battlewerx anti flicker plate, and have never had any issues at all.

The rmr will interfere with some holsters, especially if you go irons forward of the optic (which I stongly prefer) but most holster makers now have an "rmr cut" option thats only like $10 more. mine fits all my armordillo concealment holsters fine. check out the armordillo concealment/cnc holsters "keroman"

If you want OWB with a can, the only good ways to go are the Armordillo X-fer and that new surefire one, but the surefire one makes you buy that stupid surefire WML that doesnt even have #allthelumens.

If youre looking for any kind of regular use though, especially through brush, maybe it would make sense to look at the silencerco maxim? https://silencerco.com/maxim/
Not sure where you are "hiking" where you need a suppressed 9mm, lol, but maybe you should just sling a rifle or put a folding ar15 pistol in a bag?

oh also, as far as NVG stuff goes, glock will have TONS of parts and interchange available. IR lasers/illuminators with DG switches, etc.

Great info! Thank you!

Tactical Beaver Tactical Beaver
18892891_10155324438777296_6043734756679459082_n.jpg

Mos is a universal system. The shear force on the screws is pretty bad when using the optic for racking. Lots of people break them.
The strongest way is to have it milled for your specific optic.

I run an Rm06 adjustable led. 1moa is too small for anything besides rifle (IMO), and then even on rifle most people run 2moa.

Mos is a universal system. The shear force on the screws is pretty bad when using the optic for racking. Lots of people break them.
The strongest way is to have it milled for your specific optic.

I run an Rm06 adjustable led. 1moa is too small for anything besides rifle (IMO), and then even on rifle most people run 2moa.

OK IMaDad IMaDad , you've officially got me hooked on RMR'ing a Glock. I think I'm going to start from scratch though as I don't want to give up my carry gun for 4 weeks; That's what Thomas DOnofrio quoted me as their lead time right now at Battle werx. Man, this is going to cost me. I read up on the reviews of the MOS and they're all saying the same thing you mentioned above. I just wish I had the G19 I gave to my ex-wife back as I'd use that. Knowing her, it's buried in a box somewhere and she'll never use it. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom