• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NFA and SBR Items in the Handguns Section of the Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhmmm sort of. They have established a 120 day grace period. If you are a dealer you have a NFA item. If you have what was previously a pistol with a brace. You are in the gray/grace area.
From the ATF website, immediately effective for a new transfer. The 120-day window is for existing owners (owner of record on date of publication, Jan. 31st, 2023)...

Notwithstanding the 120-day compliance period, discussed above, the rule is immediately effective in that the Department may seek to enforce the NFA's requirements with respect to any new making or new transfer of a weapon with an attached “stabilizing brace” that constitutes a short-barreled rifle under the NFA. The Department believes that delaying enforcement of the relevant NFA provisions is not necessary to allow an equitable opportunity for compliance because all persons, through publication of this rule, have received notice that the NFA may in fact apply to their conduct. Further delaying enforcement also would be inconsistent with public safety. Therefore, ATF may enforce the NFA against any person or entity that—any time after the publication date of this rule—newly makes or transfers a weapon with an attached “stabilizing brace” that constitutes a short-barreled rifle under the NFA.

Call me what you will (yo' daddy, boot licker, the "law", etc.), but don't call me ignorant of the ruling that may potentially impact a lot of people.

Call me what you will (yo' daddy, boot licker, the "law", etc.), but don't call me ignorant of the ruling that may potentially impact a lot of people.

We have done all that and more brother.

Don't forget about autistic, broken and retarded.

:D:pop2::wacko:

Mass non-compliance is always the best answer. But until balls are proved otherwise, from what I understand, the brace is legal to have, it just can't be attached to the pistol. So if selling on here, couldn't you just remove the brace but have it in the same picture in the listing? Or would that be considered intent to manufacture? Because then the best way to go about selling would be to just not have it at all in the listing but mention it in the DM's when listing is inquired about.

At this point, might as well just throw on a proper stock.

gary-tay-you-so-funny.gif

never gets old on the odt. Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom