• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NFA and SBR Items in the Handguns Section of the Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaFan

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
137   0
Reaction score
Just curious regarding the items for sale (specifically, pistols now classified as SBRs) that continue to appear in the classifieds. Per the ATF, previous ATF classifications involving “stabilizing brace” attachments for firearms are superseded and considered null and void as of January 31, 2023. So, if you attempt to sell/transfer/buy an item, you must now meet all NFA rules/requirements, right?

As a minimum. shouldn't those items (including AR braced pistols, and Scorpion/MPX models, etc.), all be moved to this NFA forum? As an example, Gunbroker now has this wording: " In accordance with Final Rule 2021R-08F items that fall under Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces” have been removed. Click here to learn more."

Seems like a risk to the forum and to the members, in general, in my opinion. Some will say that it is not my concern, and I get it, but others may just not be informed and now could be unknowingly advertising, selling, and/or buying an item that could result in a little closer inspection by the ATF.

I have been wondering the same thing since 1/31/2023, but I have been just observing ODT to see where it goes. Are we going to just continue business as usual and be in mass non-compliance with the ruling? I'm good with that. It is the responsibility of the seller and prospective trader(s)/buyer(s) to be informed on current rulings and laws.

1) snitches get stitches

2) unconstitutional "rules" are made to be broken

3) mass non-compliance is what got equal right advancements, gay marriage legalized, and weed sold in stores. gun owners are worse to gun owners than the ATF could ever be.

4) now that a brace has the same penalty as a machine gun, may as well drill some 3rd holes....

Sales of NFA items have always been allowed on the ODT. It is up to the buyer and seller to be sure all laws are followed. Personally I would remove the brace and be sure I had a pistol buffer on the gun. Braces are now “stocks” only, same as the rest of the stocks.
Okuma is reviewing the ATF rules and will decide if he wants to change any policy.

Sales of NFA items have always been allowed on the ODT. It is up to the buyer and seller to be sure all laws are followed. Personally I would remove the brace and be sure I had a pistol buffer on the gun. Braces are now “stocks” only, same as the rest of the stocks.
Okuma is reviewing the ATF rules and will decide if he wants to change any policy.
96B0E79E-3B0F-41A4-9181-2866A71FD87F.jpeg

96b0e79e-3b0f-41a4-9181-2866a71fd87f-jpeg.5325959

099C6A4E-1D0C-4ED7-8FA9-FD67753EB23D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom