• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newb question on background check

Exile

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
3   0
Reaction score
Anyone here ever get a "delayed" response? I just got one today and was told it may or may not be anything but I may have to wait another week to find out? This was my first time purchasing a firearm from a dealer since my others were all inherited. Any info or suggestions from experienced persons would be appreciated.

Could be anything or nothing. Happened to me once at BPS. BPS told me they had one week to approve or reject, if they hadnt heard anything in a week, they could sell it to me. Another reason I got my GFL, dont have to worry about the call! Not much to do but wait.

I hate to change the direction of this thread, but just get a GFL!

Sorry to have no info, but I haven't gotten a delayed response before.

Last edited:
Anyone here ever get a "delayed" response? I just got one today and was told it may or may not be anything but I may have to wait another week to find out? This was my first time purchasing a firearm from a dealer since my others were all inherited. Any info or suggestions from experienced persons would be appreciated.

I've heard of delays before. There is a long list of reasons that could cause the delay. Only suggestion would be to just wait and see what happens.

But they don't check mental health records....which would be MUCH more beneficial than worrying about a domestic abouser or a felon. Although I get that as well. Not to use recent headlines for anything, but the Texas A&M guy was bat-*&%^ crazy from what I've read so he had no business with a gun, but background checks don't go through those records. Besides with HIPPAA they won't allow medical records to be computerized (and saving us money as well). Sorry for the rant.

Back
Top Bottom