• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New TV buying advice...

atltrader

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
223   0
Reaction score
So, my first generation "Smart TV" just went to the pasture. It lasted 11 years and now I'm needing some advice on getting a new smart TV. Starting looking a few weeks ago and couldn't believe all of the new options out there. I bought a QLED Samsung a week ago but wasn't blown away with the picture quality for the price point. So, I'm probably going to return it and get into something else. I'm trying to stay under $1500 for a 75 inch size. Some of these prices and options out there can get pretty crazy from what I've noticed. Just curious if anyone else here has been looking at new TV's in the last few months and what advice some might have to share? Thanks in advance.

Don't pay more than $15 per inch!!!!
Make sure you get one of those "flat screens"

Don't pay more than $15 per inch!!!!
Make sure you get one of those "flat screens"

Thanks. I was looking at Clark Howards site a few weeks back but didn't catch this latest article his staff posted. I'll check it out!

I really like my LG OLED with the magic remote.

I've heard great things about the LG OLEDs. You feel the picture quality justifies the higher price point in your opinion? From what I've seen in the last few weeks, most OLEDs seem to run pretty high for the 65" size range and higher no matter the brand.

We bought a Samsung 86” LED 4k TV. LED obviously not the latest and greatest technology but I only spent $1200 on it. Feels like we are sitting in a movie theater now.

Edit: looked at my purchases and found it. Looks like the price tag is now $1600

Back
Top Bottom