• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to ODT, need help please!

where do get this legal obligation from? What georgia or federal law requires this? Your nonsense is where the misguided belief that bills of sale are needed. How exactly would you be able to show that someone is legally allowed to possess a firearm? Are you doing criminal background checks?

your statement is your standard for you. It simply is NOT the law.
As I stated your due diligence is yours and mine is mine. I am not a lawyer, but I know if you knowing sell a firearm to a felon, its on you. Like I said your due diligence is yours and mine is mine. As I said this dje diligence is why bills of sale ARE not needed.

I thank you for your opinion and we have the same amount of money that we have been paid for it.

Knowingly selling to a felon is not the same as you stating to the op that he needs to make sure the buyer is legally allowed to own a firearm. Those are two very different things. Everyone knows you can’t “knowingly” sell to a felon. But telling the op that he has an obligation to make sure the buyer can legally own a firearm is nonsense. That simply is not required under any current state or federal laws.

upload_2020-10-12_22-51-54.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom