• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to ODT, need help please!

Ok, thanks for explanation.

and if you do everything via PM here at ODT, you have a permanent BOS that can’t ever be deleted. Nothing goes away on the Internet.

I’d never put my date of birth, address, DL number, etc., on a piece of paper to give to a stranger. Ever hear of identity theft?

Once it leaves your possession and it was sold pfft let em knock. You didn’t pull trigger or brandish it. Not your problem. And if it’s someone here in ODT if sale was done and documented IN PRIVATE MESSAGE. you’re good.
Your liability ends with making sure the buyer is able to possess a firearm. Most here will flash a concieled weapons permit, but I believe you can ask "can you legally possess a firearm". If you agree vote Trump, if not stay at home.

Your liability ends with making sure the buyer is able to possess a firearm. Most here will flash a concieled weapons permit, but I believe you can ask "can you legally possess a firearm". If you agree vote Trump, if not stay at home.

that’s not correct. You have no Legal obligation whatsoever under the law to affirmatively “make sure a buyer is able to possess a firearm”.

Whatever you do, seal the deal in a private message (PM). Which really aren't all that private, but I digress.

If you don't have all the details in a PM and you are stood up, you can't leave a negative feedback.

Always, always, ALWAYS seal the deal in a PM in case you need to neg the potential buyer!
Last deal I worked out on here what in the sellers main post. Never even went to PM.. fairly new members get the benefit of the doubt from me.

that’s not correct. You have no Legal obligation whatsoever under the law to affirmatively “make sure a buyer is able to possess a firearm”.
You have your thoughts and I have mine. I believe the standard is knowingly selling to someone who is not able to possess a firearm. My due diligence is mine and yours is yours. A bill of sale is not needed but if dealing with a long standing here or a new guy, due diligence is necessary. It is up to the seller as to what that is.

You have your thoughts and I have mine. I believe the standard is knowingly selling to someone who is not able to possess a firearm. My due diligence is mine and yours is yours. A bill of sale is not needed but if dealing with a long standing here or a new guy, due diligence is necessary. It is up to the seller as to what that is.
Tell ya like I just told my 6 year old grand daughter that doesn’t want to go to bed “ there is a fence post in the yard I don’t believe you’ve argued with yet”.
Op, if in doubt make em whip it out. ID or weapons permit but you have no obligation to “investigate” or run a bgc on a buyer.

where do get this legal obligation from? What georgia or federal law requires this? Your nonsense is where the misguided belief that bills of sale are needed. How exactly would you be able to show that someone is legally allowed to possess a firearm? Are you doing criminal background checks?

your statement is your standard for you. It simply is NOT the law.

Back
Top Bottom