• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to ODT, need help please!

HKftw

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
10   0
Reaction score
So I’m listing a pistol for sale and seem to have a few interested buyers. Several have asked questions like can you meet after work or how far can you drive but no one has said... I’ll take it. I’m afraid since I’m new that I will get 2 or more ppl thinking it’s theirs and have to let one or two know, you didn’t get it and them think I led them on.

Suggestions?

First person to write I will take it for X number of dollars gets to set a date and time to meet.
If you are driving more than 5 minutes talk with them on the phone when the first person gets on the road. Decide how far you want to drive and communicate this to the buyer when you decide on a price. If the buyer has a short history on her on very little feedback be careful where you meet and when.

Whatever you do, seal the deal in a private message (PM). Which really aren't all that private, but I digress.

If you don't have all the details in a PM and you are stood up, you can't leave a negative feedback.

Always, always, ALWAYS seal the deal in a PM in case you need to neg the potential buyer!

-Check the Person Feedback.
do it in Order, who ever says they will buy it goes 1st, then do a courtesy message to the others in what order they stand in case the 1st deal falls through.
- Ask the person If they have there Carry License
- Come up with a meeting location, like Wal-Mart, Academy Sports or Bass Pro Shop.
- Since its your 1st Deal do not named the deal at night
- After you pick who's buying your Product, get his cell # in case emergency comes up, some guys will not give you there number. I learned the ropes from the MOST older guys. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Good Luck

I’m new too just put my first listing up. I noticed a lot of sale postings say bill of sale required no. Do most buyers shy away from bills of sale? Why as a seller would you not do a bill of sale to document the firearm has been sold and no longer in your possession?

Back
Top Bottom