New Location Prefix System Feedback & Suggestions, take two!

Do you like the New location system in the trading post?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 50 49.5%
  • I like it, but I want a few more regions added.

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • I liked it better the old way!

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • And of course, tacos. (Tacos means you don't care either way)

Votes: 17 16.8%

• Total voters
I think the best thing about the new system is the ability to very easily mark items as Sold or Traded, so you can easily tell if the item is still available.

I prefer the map system that was up last night. City regions is a decent idea, but maybe add a few. I was thinking regions like:

-Dalton
-Columbus
-Albany
-Sav
-Atl
-Athens
-Gainesville
-Macon
-Dublin
-Brunswick

I'm not sure I like the way it is now with the letters. Especially the MA part because the abbreviation MA has a negative stigma attached to it in my mind because of all the crap I have to read through about that yankee state on GB and Glocktalk.

I really do not like it at all.

I live in Newnan, so I should check West Georgia?
I work all over Atlanta, so I can bring items with me, should I check Metro Atlanta? What about the buyer in Cumming that does not look for "WG" ads, even though I might be working right beside him?
If folks are looking by location, then a buyer in Atlanta might not look for "West Georgia", and a buyer in Newnan may not look in "Metro Atlanta"

I have sold several things to folks around Macon, Warner Robbins, Thomaston, etc. How do these guys want the items to be classified?

I really think just a city or county is what is needed. It is going to get so closely narrowed down, that it cold cause lots of buyers and sellers not to be able to find each other.

It is a fantastic forum, and has been perfect in my opinion. Don't fix the dang thing...It ain't broke!!!

Jerry

Steve I swear I just dont get it. I know you want to make things easier on folks but you already have a great site! If someone is interested in something, then do the "leg" work! My god, how long does it take and how complicated is it to do it your self?Eveybody wants someone else to do it for them.Next people will want you do their negotiations for them too!! Or hey Steve can you go pick up this trade for me! Maybe you can set up a voice recognition type forum so we wont even have to type! People just getting to lazy imo.

I love this site and enjoy looking through all the cool stuff people are selling and trading. thanks for your hard efforts

I agree 100%

Jerry

I really do not like it at all.

I live in Newnan, so I should check West Georgia?
I work all over Atlanta, so I can bring items with me, should I check Metro Atlanta? What about the buyer in Cumming that does not look for "WG" ads, even though I might be working right beside him?
If folks are looking by location, then a buyer in Atlanta might not look for "West Georgia", and a buyer in Newnan may not look in "Metro Atlanta"

I have sold several things to folks around Macon, Warner Robbins, Thomaston, etc. How do these guys want the items to be classified?

I really think just a city or county is what is needed. It is going to get so closely narrowed down, that it cold cause lots of buyers and sellers not to be able to find each other.

It is a fantastic forum, and has been perfect in my opinion. Don't fix the dang thing...It ain't broke!!!

Jerry

I do not think you have anything to worry about. All the handguns are still in the same category and everyone will still see them, they will just have a little better idea of where the item is. I live in Marietta and the only things I wouldn't look at are the ones with SE or SW, because I know anything in those regions for me is too far to drive. (If it is something I am specifically looking for I will look at it anyway)

I don't think anyone is going to discriminate that heavily between two or three adjoining areas. But, as I have done many times before, I will rethink it or remove it if people do not like it.

Thanks you for the complements on the forum, I am glad you like it!

Put it at the end of the product for sale or trade in brackets, so it's easier to pick up. Example:WTS Glock 17 (MA). Require that the exact location is listed with members name. Just my 2-cents.

Back
Top Bottom