• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

new home if united state goes horribly bad

Then there is always this place in Brazil?

Wow! That's a really cool video!

I had never heard of Confederates moving to Brazil after the Civil War.

It was cool to hear the guy talking about his grandmother and how she wouldn't even say Lincolns name in her house.

He also said that they are the only true, un-reconstructed South, and that they never pledged allegience to the damn yankee flag.

Last edited:
There really isn't anywhere good to go outside the US. I've looked. However, if it happens relatively slowly and there is a serious movement by some states to secede because of it, I'll probably move to one of them early on. Texas would be my preference and is more likely than most to secede.

There really isn't anywhere good to go outside the US. I've looked. However, if it happens relatively slowly and there is a serious movement by some states to secede because of it, I'll probably move to one of them early on. Texas would be my preference and is more likely than most to secede.
Problem is they are getting invaded by liberals. I may move there next year to stem the tide though.

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers. Uh.....I mean, throw out all the liberals.
It'll take a big bus. But I ain't scared. If I go I'm going to the belly of the beast, Austin. It'll only be until my son is on his own. Hopefully less than 10 years, then if I'm still vertical, my eyes are on Idaho, Arkansas, Eastern TN.

New Zealand for me.
Me and the wife studied up on New Zealand in 09. It's not easy to get in and stay. You have to prove you provide a service or a profession that they need. They are kinda weird on guns but you CAN own them.
But where the OP said you shouldn't have to be wealthy to go I'm afraid that's what it would take to get to NZ.

Meanwhile I've read and heard that if you deposit $10K in any Costa Rican bank you're automatically a citizen.

hypothetically speaking lets just say that the united states goes really bad, they ban firearms and we make Britain look like a free country with their laws, the military and government go full on dictatorship, etc. or if you would like just a second home so to speak

what country would be a good country to move to even if you have to defend yourself and your own family more often there? bear in mind that i feel you shouldn't have to be rich for the new home country to let you exercise your rights

bear in mind that I like to think the American people will stand up and fight for this great country and all but sadly many are too preoccupied with getting the latest privacy intruding i-phone to even notice their rights being violated.

i know we have some world travelers on the odt

Stay and fight!

Back
Top Bottom