• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

new home if united state goes horribly bad

Funny, I had a conversation just like this just a few days ago on Facebook ..... Before I spent much time out of this country I was sort of nonchalant bordering on ambivalent about my American-ness .....
I mean I didn't really dislike the country or anything stupid like that but living here wasn't quite so special for me. After I got a little older and got stuck in dozens of different countries all over EMEA and APAC for weeks on end for work I realized how amazing the U.S.A. really is. So many simple things that we take for granted every single day like air conditioning everywhere, ready supply of ice (yes you read that right, just plain ice) in every restaurant, being able to go out any time of day or night and buy anything we need or even think we want at 24 hours markets and department stores, having markets and department stores EVERYWHERE instead of just a couple here and there, drinkable water at every tap, being able to speak your mind without fear that you will end up in jail (yes even in "civilized" countries like those in europe and australia you can go to jail for the wrong kind of speech) .... and that's just a small handful of things not even almost a complete list .... a list of things you can't count on in other countries ..... that even the poorest people in our country take for granted every single day .... there are a lot of awesome things to see outside this country but after extensive travels abroad I can say for certain that we absolutely live in the greatest country on earth and there is nowhere else that I would ever want to live unless I had no other alternative to keep my family alive.
All true and sadly... those very things that are part of the reason it's such a great country are also making us soft and will contribute to our inevitable demise. Some of our greatest Americans are those who know first hand what it's like to NOT be an American.

I'll stay also and take my chances. I agree if we go -- so goes the rest of the world. Our family came here in 1632 and has been involved in every major internal and external conflict America has experienced. I'd like to help right some wrongs. JMHO.............

I'll stay also and take my chances. I agree if we go -- so goes the rest of the world. Our family came here in 1632 and has been involved in every major internal and external conflict America has experienced. I'd like to help right some wrongs. JMHO.............

Wow that's a long time ago! That was before Columbus right? (J/k)

hypothetically speaking lets just say that the united states goes really bad, they ban firearms and we make Britain look like a free country with their laws, the military and government go full on dictatorship, etc. or if you would like just a second home so to speak

what country would be a good country to move to even if you have to defend yourself and your own family more often there? bear in mind that i feel you shouldn't have to be rich for the new home country to let you exercise your rights

bear in mind that I like to think the American people will stand up and fight for this great country and all but sadly many are too preoccupied with getting the latest privacy intruding i-phone to even notice their rights being violated.

i know we have some world travelers on the odt

hypothetically speaking lets just say that the united states goes really bad, they ban firearms and we make Britain look like a free country with their laws, the military and government go full on dictatorship, etc. or if you would like just a second home so to speak

what country would be a good country to move to even if you have to defend yourself and your own family more often there? bear in mind that i feel you shouldn't have to be rich for the new home country to let you exercise your rights

bear in mind that I like to think the American people will stand up and fight for this great country and all but sadly many are too preoccupied with getting the latest privacy intruding i-phone to even notice their rights being violated.

i know we have some world travelers on the odt

DETROIT - LOTS OF OPPORTUNITY

Back
Top Bottom