• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New Alzheimer's treatment emerges.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
New Alzheimer's medication claims to reduce cognitive decline by 27%. There's only one catch, the treatment is only 26,000 a year. They'll do that and gouge these poor folks for a number of years. Then after they have made several billion they will drop the price to an affordable 10,000 bucks a year.

My father in Law took something to slow the effects down. He did survive for a good while before it finally got him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone

My father in Law took something to slow the effects down. He did survive for a good while before it finally got him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone
My mother has got dementia which I guess is close. She is at the starvation phase. Her body rejects food. She has a gag reflex every time she tries to eat. It's awful to have to see and accept that is how such a strong woman is going out like. Horrible situation!

I have a friend who’s mother took some sort of experimental treatment and had since regained her mental capacity. I’m unfamiliar with the treatment but anything that can help beat that awful disease

My mother has got dementia which I guess is close. She is at the starvation phase. Her body rejects food. She has a gag reflex every time she tries to eat. It's awful to have to see and accept that is how such a strong woman is going out like. Horrible situation!
I feel for ya. Yes, he got to where he couldn't use utensils. He was constantly falling. You couldn't reason with him that he shouldn't be doing certain things. He was married for 63yrs, he couldn't remember that he was married. And it deeply upset him. Before this, he was a terrific human being. He was highly educated and very intelligent. There were good days and bad days, sometimes you almost couldn't tell he had a problem. Other days were very difficult. They'll also develop a strong temper. He was a very easy going person before that. My prayers are with you

Father-in-law passed Dec 24, 2022. Diagnosed with it 6 years ago.
My Father in Law lived with it for a long time. I thought he was diagnosed with the "gene" if you will @ late fifties. Sometime after that he started a drug to slow the effects. He didn't really start having noticeable problems till @ 75 I want to say. The women noticed things long before I admitted noticing much. He lived to 86

Back
Top Bottom